Vagina Rejuvination for Cystocele and Rectocyle Repair - New-York

Two weeks ago I had this procedure. My goal was...

Two weeks ago I had this procedure. My goal was tightening of the vagina as well as bladder relief. I am a mother of four children and after having my tubes tied I opted to do this for myself. Initially, I planned to have a cosmetic surgeon perform the surgery. My obgyn referred me to a urologist because of my cystocele repair. I was pleasantly surpized to learn that my insurance completely paid for this procedure. I am grateful. After seeing the urologist, I learned that I had both cystocele and rectocyle.

My procedure included a bladder lift, partial hysterectomy and reconstruction of the vagina both the posterior and anterior walls. I was unbelievably anxious going into this surgery because of the sensitivity of the area being worked on.

Recovery has been simple. Other than having no energy I do not feel like I had surgery. I have already been relieved of the discomfort I had from rectocyle. My vagina looks much tighter. I am looking forward to no more menstation.

I take milk of magnesia and stool softners daily and that is tedious. I have not taken any painkillers since i was released from the hospital. I dreaded the thought of a cathedar but that wasnt an issue. I'm glad I did this for myself. I am now considering labiaplasty in the future.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Okay, it has been a year and 3 months since I had...

Okay, it has been a year and 3 months since I had this procedure. I definitely have bladder improvement. I am so thankful for that. As for vaginal tightening, I dont believe I have any improvement. I have cystocele and rectocyle buldges in my vagina. I will not return to my Dr to complain because his bedside manner sucks!! He is a good surgeon but was rude to me at follow up and I would never see him again. I do not think this surgery was worth it. I do not miss my periods though. Intercourse is dryer now. All in all, thumbs down.

There's a vaginal suppository called Vagifem that I use for vaginal dryness (expensive, so can use daily but usually only once or twice a week) that has totally made intercourse comfortable because the estrogen has soften the vaginal tissue. Try it. Amazing!!!!! As a lubricant, coconut oil is cheaper and better than KY, but the Vagifem is the key. You won't believe the difference. And not messy or anything. Best Wishes Sister.

I'm sorry this wasn't worth it to you! You did a great job of telling your story and giving the pros and cons. Kids are great, but it's too bad having them has to trash our bodies.

Are you considering seeking another opinion on if any of your remaining issues can be resolved, or are you just letting it go?

Four year review

It has been over four years since I had this surgery. I can confidently say that this was definitely not worth it! I have been told that my mesh bladder sling needs to be removed because it can erode into my body etc. I am dreading having another surgery since the Doctor I spoke to is not willing to tighten the area again. My bladder has dropped worse than it was prior to the surgery but because I do not currently have rectocele the Dr explained that if he lifted my bladder my vagina would be larger. He will not reconstruct without the rectocele. I am so young to have this problem and I find it incredibly disheartening. I have a good OBGYN and I plan to go see her soon to ask her opinion. At this point, I do not even want to have the mesh sling removed even though I may need to. :(

Sorry to hear that your Dr treated you bad, remember you can always file a complaint with the medical board
Thanks for your post because real people posting is what we need not doctors or those employed by a doctor posting.
Preseed is the best lube
Dr. Naime

Dr. is a great urologist/gynocologist. He teaches this procedure. I was initially confident and grateful to have him as my Dr. but over time I found him to be rude. I have since gone back to get a second opinion from another Dr and refuse to work with Dr. Naime again.