Vagina Rejuvination for Cystocele and Rectocyle Repair - New-York

Two weeks ago I had this procedure. My goal was...

Two weeks ago I had this procedure. My goal was tightening of the vagina as well as bladder relief. I am a mother of four children and after having my tubes tied I opted to do this for myself. Initially, I planned to have a cosmetic surgeon perform the surgery. My obgyn referred me to a urologist because of my cystocele repair. I was pleasantly surpized to learn that my insurance completely paid for this procedure. I am grateful. After seeing the urologist, I learned that I had both cystocele and rectocyle.

My procedure included a bladder lift, partial hysterectomy and reconstruction of the vagina both the posterior and anterior walls. I was unbelievably anxious going into this surgery because of the sensitivity of the area being worked on.

Recovery has been simple. Other than having no energy I do not feel like I had surgery. I have already been relieved of the discomfort I had from rectocyle. My vagina looks much tighter. I am looking forward to no more menstation.

I take milk of magnesia and stool softners daily and that is tedious. I have not taken any painkillers since i was released from the hospital. I dreaded the thought of a cathedar but that wasnt an issue. I'm glad I did this for myself. I am now considering labiaplasty in the future.

Okay, it has been a year and 3 months since I had...

Okay, it has been a year and 3 months since I had this procedure. I definitely have bladder improvement. I am so thankful for that. As for vaginal tightening, I dont believe I have any improvement. I have cystocele and rectocyle buldges in my vagina. I will not return to my Dr to complain because his bedside manner sucks!! He is a good surgeon but was rude to me at follow up and I would never see him again. I do not think this surgery was worth it. I do not miss my periods though. Intercourse is dryer now. All in all, thumbs down.

Four year review

It has been over four years since I had this surgery. I can confidently say that this was definitely not worth it! I have been told that my mesh bladder sling needs to be removed because it can erode into my body etc. I am dreading having another surgery since the Doctor I spoke to is not willing to tighten the area again. My bladder has dropped worse than it was prior to the surgery but because I do not currently have rectocele the Dr explained that if he lifted my bladder my vagina would be larger. He will not reconstruct without the rectocele. I am so young to have this problem and I find it incredibly disheartening. I have a good OBGYN and I plan to go see her soon to ask her opinion. At this point, I do not even want to have the mesh sling removed even though I may need to. :(
Dr. Naime

Dr. is a great urologist/gynocologist. He teaches this procedure. I was initially confident and grateful to have him as my Dr. but over time I found him to be rude. I have since gone back to get a second opinion from another Dr and refuse to work with Dr. Naime again.