Can the Unwanted Attachments Be Removed During the Treatment?

Pros - nearly invisible, supposelycons - if...

pros - nearly invisible, supposely

cons - if attachments are required in some cases. The invisalign experience will become very visible, and that defeats the purpose of having an invisible bracing.

My dentist has never in details discussed or informed me about the requirement of attachments during my 19-week treatment, is it not a proper practice? Now the attachments are set on my teeth (8 at the top and 6 at the bottom), the number of them plus the mis-match color of the attachements have made my invisalign become very much visible disappointedly. Can I request the dentist to remove them from my teeth given that I wouldn't mind it might take me longer to achieve the result of having straightened teeth? Will the company that makes the invisalign trays re-make or replace the remaing trays for me without the attachment voids if my dentist agrees to remove the buttons from my teeth? I'm only on my second tray, the third week? Thank you very much!

I had the same problem. No one ever mentioned attachments to me at any point, so when I went in to get my 3rd set of aligners, I got a huge shock. Now, they look as visible as clear braces, which is not really acceptable to me.
I just had them put in and was very disappointed how visible they are. Now, I'm very conscious of my smile because they are located at the front of my teeth. I knew it was coming but wasnt aware of the placements and now i have to be in 2 weddings with buttons all across my teeth. I was wondering if some of the attachments will be remove throughout the process or it will be remove all at once after the process is complete?
I have 9 attachments too. right across the front teeth. they really arnt that noticable. and yes, your dentist should have walked you through the whole procedure prior to beginning any work. I had my buttons put on on day 1, i knew they were comming, i also knew that i had to get some interproximal reduction (tooth filing) done so that my teeth would fit together nicely. if your dentist didnt run through these things with you, then there is a problem and you should confront your dentist about it.

The patients are not well-formed of the entire procedure of Invisalign. I have never seen any simulated picture or the inital mold made by the invisalign company to see if that's what I expect or agree on. I was never told that I'd have a total of 14 attachments glued onto my teeth until the day of my visit for my second tray.