Can the Unwanted Attachments Be Removed During the Treatment?

Pros - nearly invisible, supposelycons - if...

pros - nearly invisible, supposely

cons - if attachments are required in some cases. The invisalign experience will become very visible, and that defeats the purpose of having an invisible bracing.

My dentist has never in details discussed or informed me about the requirement of attachments during my 19-week treatment, is it not a proper practice? Now the attachments are set on my teeth (8 at the top and 6 at the bottom), the number of them plus the mis-match color of the attachements have made my invisalign become very much visible disappointedly. Can I request the dentist to remove them from my teeth given that I wouldn't mind it might take me longer to achieve the result of having straightened teeth? Will the company that makes the invisalign trays re-make or replace the remaing trays for me without the attachment voids if my dentist agrees to remove the buttons from my teeth? I'm only on my second tray, the third week? Thank you very much!

The patients are not well-formed of the entire procedure of Invisalign. I have never seen any simulated picture or the inital mold made by the invisalign company to see if that's what I expect or agree on. I was never told that I'd have a total of 14 attachments glued onto my teeth until the day of my visit for my second tray.

I had the same problem. No one ever mentioned attachments to me at any point, so when I went in to get my 3rd set of aligners, I got a huge shock. Now, they look as visible as clear braces, which is not really acceptable to me.
I just had them put in and was very disappointed how visible they are. Now, I'm very conscious of my smile because they are located at the front of my teeth. I knew it was coming but wasnt aware of the placements and now i have to be in 2 weddings with buttons all across my teeth. I was wondering if some of the attachments will be remove throughout the process or it will be remove all at once after the process is complete?
I have 9 attachments too. right across the front teeth. they really arnt that noticable. and yes, your dentist should have walked you through the whole procedure prior to beginning any work. I had my buttons put on on day 1, i knew they were comming, i also knew that i had to get some interproximal reduction (tooth filing) done so that my teeth would fit together nicely. if your dentist didnt run through these things with you, then there is a problem and you should confront your dentist about it.
I also have a bunch of attachments on my teeth. NO ONE notices them unless I point them out. I was very paranoid at first and I found them to be uncomfortable, but I got used to them quickly. I see them when I smile, because I know that they are there. I'm now 7 1/2 months into this, I wore them on vacation, I wear them all the time, I have a mouth full of attachments, and NO ONE notices (unless I spit on them, but that only happened once, LOL)!
As I understand it, the attachments are necessary to rotate the teeth (including the roots) to accommodate the changes in alignment. They're not just to speed things up, so removing them doesn't just lengthen the treatment; it makes it pointless. I just had seven attachments removed from my upper teeth after a year of trays. I still have five attachments on the lower teeth and five months to go. The attachments are annoying and I'm conscious of them whe the trays are out, but as for them being visible, you'd be surprised. Most of my friends couldn't see them until I pointed them out when they were asking about the process. Finding out that they couldn't see 12 attachments without help made me realize that I was conscious of them because I knew they were there, but the average person just isn't looking that closely at my teeth. If visibility is your main complaint about them but you want the realignment work done, then you should put up with them - and realize that no one's likely to look as closely at your teeth as you and your dentist are.
That is a lot of attachments but most likely the treatment will not go as planned without the attachments. Also, if the attachments are removed then you would basically have to start over with new impressions. But you can ask your doctor if he could possibly use a clear composite material for the attachments so they blend in better.
You should have gone to an orthodontist - not a dentist!!!
Your provider should have definitely shown you the simulation video of your teeth movement, which also shows where attachments will be. I believe that the invisalign company sends your ortho/dentist different options. My ortho thought i would need to get teeth pulled but was given an option where we could just file. I dont think invisalign will send you new trays for free though. :(