Septo-rhinoplasty to Improve Breathing and Remove Bump

I was unable to breathe properly for 15 yeas and...

i was unable to breathe properly for 15 yeas and felt this would help greatly, i also had a bump on the exterior of my nose which i hated. i knew the only way to fix this problem was with a septo-rhinoplasty.

i have had a septo-rhinoplasty 4 days ago, all is going well. i have read an article regarding the removal of packing following this procedure. however, i am unsure if i have had any packing. i was not advised on anything following my operation so am left not knowing. would i see or feel any packing if i had any? any advice gratefully received. thank you.

You might not have splints...I was also confused about "packing" after my surgery. It really wasn't a big deal having it removed...was painless and really quick. I also had my cast (on the outside of my nose) removed when the "packing" came out. Can you breathe through your nose? If not, you have packing in!
oh, and i'm not sure what packing looks like, but i could see my splints, although not very well. if i looked up my nose, i could see what looked like a plastic straw inside. it did not stick out of the nose at all. in fact, on one side i couldn't see it, but could see it on the other. also, i could feel something was in my nose, slightly obstructing my breathing.
hey! i hope the surgery went well and you are feeling better now that a couple days have passed after surgery! prior to my surgery, my doctor told me that i would only have packing if i was bleeding pretty badly. he also said i might have splits put in but he wouldn't know for sure until he was actually preforming the surgery. when i came to after surgery, the doctor had already left, and i was left feeling pretty loopy with the nursing staff. i didn't have packing but i did have splits put in. although at the time, i didn't know what i had in my nose-- all i knew what that he had put something up there! do you have a follow up appointment? when i went in a week later, they removed the little cast thing, the stitches, and pulled out the splints. good luck! i hope it turns out well!

had it on nhs.