Tummy Tuck to Fix Overhanging Tummy After Hysterectomy

I had a hysterectomy four years ago, and it lseft...

I had a hysterectomy four years ago, and it lseft me with an overhanging tummy. I am not a huge person, but wanted to improve myself, and lost 20lbs and had a full tummy tuck with liposuction.

I am a radiographer and had the operation done at work, which is a private hospital. I was back to work after 3 weeks, but, in hindsight, it was toofast. I didn`t realise that I would not be able to swim for 3 months, and had to have serum drained 20 times. I coped with it, bur am ditressed and unhappy as the tummy area protrudes, and the left side is different to the right, due to healing of the stitches.

How long /will I ever get a flat tummy that I can be happy about? I am a healthy weight, and am back to full exercise, though it has taken a lot of work. It was way harder than the hysterectomy.

Hi, I had a full tummy tuck and liposuction 3 and a half months ago. I now have a hard lumpy tummy, which looks like a pork pie. My surgeon won`t do anything about it, and I am really miserable. The right side looks different to the left as the stiches healed at different times. Will I need liposuction, and if so, how long do I have to wait? I am really miserable about this, as it isn`t what I expected.

I had a discount of £200 from the surgeon, and %25 percent of the hospital fee.

hello, i had a tummy tuck, breast implants and inner thigh and arm lift in brazil..last november...i had a seroma in my abd and my arms swoll up alot..my scars are bad and i am not happy with my legs..i am going back to have these fixed in 2 weeks..if you are not happy with results and have realistic expectations, your surgeon should accomadate you to make these corrections..be persistant..i am very happy that my surgeon is willing to correct his work..we all have to redo a job from time to time...only god is perfect right????

Lumps after a tummy tuck and liposuction can be several different things. Here are some related Doctor Q&A pages that explain the different possibilities:

Lumps post-Tummy Tuck

Hardness and lumps after Tummy Tuck?

Lump in belly after Tummy Tuck

Lump after Tummy Tuck and Liposuction?

Hope this helps!