Tummy Tuck + Lipo - Have I Popped a Stitch?

I am a 43 year old women who has had 3 children. ...

I am a 43 year old women who has had 3 children. I carry all my weight in my stomach, so I decided to have a tummy tuck plus lipo.

I had a tummy tuck 2 weeks ago, I have moderate swelling and no fluid build up. So far I am happy with the results, but I did not know the recovery would be so long. Two weeks out and she still has me doing nothing. I have three kids to take care of and I am getting a little frusterated. I am not sure if she is just over causious or I am impatient.

My doctor has scared me with the possibility that I have popped an internal stitch due to over activity. How likely is this? Is she just trying to scare me? How easy is it to pop an internal stitch? Would you know if you did?

Hi PVV -- Check out Dr. Rodriguez's answer in this thread. He gives instructions on how to tell if you've popped a stitch: Did I pop my Tummy Tuck stitch?

Good luck with your recovery! Use this to your advantage and make sure you take some "me" time. :)

Dr. Lorelle Kramer

She is very thorough, I see her often, post op follow up visits every couple of days.