Very Anxious After Many Years of Having a Saggy Tummy (Tummy Tuck and Hip/flanks Lipo)

I decided, after many years of having a sagging...

I decided, after many years of having a sagging tummy,to have a tummy tuck and liposuction of the hips and flanks. I was very anxious about the surgery and about what the outcome will be. I put my anxieties to the side and went ahead with the procedures.

Now, 6 days post op, I am a little disappointed about the appearance of my abdomen. It is still bigger than what I expected to be, and has an appearance of an overhang as well. The doctor says that I'm still very swollen because they liposuctioned a lot from my midsection, but I am worried that my abdomen will continue to look like this in the future. I went into debt for this surgery and really expected a better outcome.

I am still swollen 8 wks. after my tummy tuck. At...

Is it too early to judge the appearance of my tummy tuck? Could it be that I am just very swollen and over reacting? Please help me! -- Updated on Oct 24, 2009: I am still swollen 8 wks. after my tummy tuck. At least, I think it's swelling. My stomach just looks fat to me. I have seen a big improvement as opposed to before, but my stomach is NOT flat at all. could it be because am overweight? I am 5'2", 186 lbs. My surgeon said that I didn't need to wait to lose the weight before I had the surgery, but I'm starting to think that this issue is effecting my result. I am trying to lose weight now and have lost 6 lbs. since my surgery. Can I expect my stomach to get flatter as I lose weight or should I get abdominal lipo to achieve the result that I want?

I believe that he is experienced in cosmetic procedures.