After 2 C-sections, Tummy Tuck Made Me Feel Like 20 Again - Kirkland, WA

I was always "small" with my...

I was always "small" with my 5'4" weighing around 118-120lbs. After having my first child at 31 I was back to my "normal self" within 4 months even though she weighed 9 lbs and was big as a house when i was pregnant. I figured, if i could do it once, i can do it again... WRONG! Before i got pregnant with my second at 33 i was in the best shape of my life! Then i had another big baby, weighing 9 lbs 4oz. Time around i was even bigger, my friends joked that i must be having at least two!

I guess the two Cesarean Section and my muscles being stretched to the limit twice was just too much for my body. I worked out harder than ever before. I was a professional gymnast when i was young and a regular gym-goer ever since so never really slacked off... but this time i put everything in it! This time it took me longer to loose the weight but about 6 months after having the baby i was back to the weight i wanted to be. Unfortunately my stomach just wouldn't go down and even after a year i still looked 4 months pregnant.

As it turned out i had a 2,5" muscle separation in the abdominus recti. I have done special exercises to "cure" my Diastasis Recti, but nothing worked. It was extremely frustrating. When i looked at myself in the mirror i felt like i had my head put on the "wrong body". My husband and i decided that since it's been long enough since my second cesarean, i did what i could by working out, plus we weren't planning any more children..... let's do it!

I went to several surgeons before i found Dr.P. The first time i talked to him, i knew he was the "one". The one, that i can trust enough with my body and my life, the one that will put me back the way i was supposed to be. And i was right! He was wonderful!

The procedure itself is kind of a blur. I remember some of the drive home, i was a bit uncomfortable and very sleepy. I pretty much slept through the first two days. Fortunately i was lucky enough having my mom around to help with the kids. I highly recommend having someone watch kids, pets,house, whatever for at least the first 3-5 days!

After two days i only took 1 painkiller a day and after 4 days none at all. 4 days post surgery i was walking the 3 levels of my house like nothing happened. My tummy was a bit tight as expected but the pain was mostly gone and only had mild discomfort. 7 days post surgery the 2 drains came out FINALLY!! I think the drains are the worst. They didn't hurt they were just a pain to deal with. 7 days post surgery i was back to work! 1 month after the surgery i felt almost totally healed although i could feel the stitches that pulled my rectus abdominus together. It didn't hurt, i just kinda always knew they were there.

Another hard part was that i couldn't lift my kids for a good 3-4 months even though i felt like i totally could, i followed my wonderful dr's instructions and didn't. I definitely didn't want to risk the beautiful results i could already see i had. Now i am 10 months post surgery and back in my bikini! At 36 i again can be proud the way i look!

Pros: I got the body back i always knew...

Pros: I got the body back i always knew.

Cons: not even sure if i can call it a con since it doesn't really bother me.... the scar. It's low enough that i can hide it even underneath a bikini. Since i didn't have too much extra skin i ended up with a small vertical scar along with the regular horizontal one where my belly buttton used to be. Again, since the scar is low and light, it doesn't bother me.

Photo Update

June 2013

Keep in mind, that I am 40 years old on these photos ;-)
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. Pratt for anyone considering plastic surgery in the Everett area. He's wonderful! He is caring, nice, and honest, has wonderful recommendations, lots of pictures to prove the wonderful job he does!