After 2 C-sections, Tummy Tuck Made Me Feel Like 20 Again - Kirkland, WA

I was always "small" with my...

I was always "small" with my 5'4" weighing around 118-120lbs. After having my first child at 31 I was back to my "normal self" within 4 months even though she weighed 9 lbs and was big as a house when i was pregnant. I figured, if i could do it once, i can do it again... WRONG! Before i got pregnant with my second at 33 i was in the best shape of my life! Then i had another big baby, weighing 9 lbs 4oz. Time around i was even bigger, my friends joked that i must be having at least two!

I guess the two Cesarean Section and my muscles being stretched to the limit twice was just too much for my body. I worked out harder than ever before. I was a professional gymnast when i was young and a regular gym-goer ever since so never really slacked off... but this time i put everything in it! This time it took me longer to loose the weight but about 6 months after having the baby i was back to the weight i wanted to be. Unfortunately my stomach just wouldn't go down and even after a year i still looked 4 months pregnant.

As it turned out i had a 2,5" muscle separation in the abdominus recti. I have done special exercises to "cure" my Diastasis Recti, but nothing worked. It was extremely frustrating. When i looked at myself in the mirror i felt like i had my head put on the "wrong body". My husband and i decided that since it's been long enough since my second cesarean, i did what i could by working out, plus we weren't planning any more children..... let's do it!

I went to several surgeons before i found Dr.P. The first time i talked to him, i knew he was the "one". The one, that i can trust enough with my body and my life, the one that will put me back the way i was supposed to be. And i was right! He was wonderful!

The procedure itself is kind of a blur. I remember some of the drive home, i was a bit uncomfortable and very sleepy. I pretty much slept through the first two days. Fortunately i was lucky enough having my mom around to help with the kids. I highly recommend having someone watch kids, pets,house, whatever for at least the first 3-5 days!

After two days i only took 1 painkiller a day and after 4 days none at all. 4 days post surgery i was walking the 3 levels of my house like nothing happened. My tummy was a bit tight as expected but the pain was mostly gone and only had mild discomfort. 7 days post surgery the 2 drains came out FINALLY!! I think the drains are the worst. They didn't hurt they were just a pain to deal with. 7 days post surgery i was back to work! 1 month after the surgery i felt almost totally healed although i could feel the stitches that pulled my rectus abdominus together. It didn't hurt, i just kinda always knew they were there.

Another hard part was that i couldn't lift my kids for a good 3-4 months even though i felt like i totally could, i followed my wonderful dr's instructions and didn't. I definitely didn't want to risk the beautiful results i could already see i had. Now i am 10 months post surgery and back in my bikini! At 36 i again can be proud the way i look!

Pros: I got the body back i always knew...

Pros: I got the body back i always knew.

Cons: not even sure if i can call it a con since it doesn't really bother me.... the scar. It's low enough that i can hide it even underneath a bikini. Since i didn't have too much extra skin i ended up with a small vertical scar along with the regular horizontal one where my belly buttton used to be. Again, since the scar is low and light, it doesn't bother me.

Photo Update

June 2013

Keep in mind, that I am 40 years old on these photos ;-)
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. Pratt for anyone considering plastic surgery in the Everett area. He's wonderful! He is caring, nice, and honest, has wonderful recommendations, lots of pictures to prove the wonderful job he does!

Just had one done 4 days ago. I'm happy already but I'm hoping I get my low back arch back. I was a gymnast also (not professional) and had a natural arched posture that was complementary to my gluts. I know it's only been 4 days but I now feel my pelvis is tilted in and under instead of out, high and up. Will I get that back and will I be able to do a backbend again? If so when? Thanks for sharing your experience.
Well I surely hope my body looks like that at 40! You go girl! Lol
Wow he did an awesome job, your tummy looks amazing. Dr Pratt is doing my drainless tummy tuck in 5 months and I'm so excited. Do you have anymore pics of results?
She does and I looked at your surgeons site, he does great work.
Ya, from all the pics I see of his work it looks like he really does do amazing work! I get a little nervous about the drainless TT because I hadn't found many reviews about it but I finally did and they seemed great!
I haven't heard much about the drainless either. I had a drain on both sides and it was a huge PITA!! I hope it turns out well for you too!!! Good luck!
csilagom55 ? is that what you used on your scar?
Sorry that was posted by accident.... ;) I posted some recent photos. I haven't used anything special on my scar. I have heard good things about some of the cream though...
You look amazing! I'm 8 weeks PO.. I hope I look like you! When im fully flat . I dont even see your scar. Ease tell me what you used.
Wow that looks amazing i hope mine looks half as good as yours.
No problem! I know it doesn't work as well for everyone BUT i do put the effort in it too! I work out at least 3 days a week, preferably more (if i have time), 30-40 min walking, 30-40 min weight lifting...doesn't happen every week like i plan it, sometimes life gets in the way but i do go as much as i can, AND i try to eat as healthy as i can. Luckily i don't like pizza, burgers & chocolate but i do like fruit and veggies... but i still don't like to diet much.
Good luck with your surgery, i hope you will get the results you want!
Ok..thanks! You look awesome! Glad it worked out for you. My stomach looks a lot like yours pre-surgery. I look 4-5 months preggers. :( My surgery is scheduled for Feb 6 so I love reading stories that are recent as well as a couple of yrs out..thanks for the update! :)
I just put up a new picture from this summer (last pic with the pink bikinis). It's been 3 years now. The scars barely show and i'm still loving the results!
your thread has been bumped up, indicating an update today but I do not see the update?? Would love to read it and see how you are doing after this much time has passed. I hope the update shows up...
Wow u look amazing! I also have a vertical and horizontal scar! It so nice to see how well yours healed & faded..gives me hope for mine! Mines a bit longer though :(
Your 8 months post op looks incredible. I have been looking for others besides Kimmers to get an idea of the scar color. Yours looks really good!
Well the TT is a lot more invasive than the C-Sections so i would say the recovery time was a bit longer, the pain was a bit more intense but overall it was very similar to the C-section, so if you did well with that, you should be fine with the tuck too. I was told that i have pretty high pain tolerance so they were all pretty easy on me.
Good luck!
How was the healing time in comparison to your csections? Would you say that the recovery was similar or was the TT was more painful?
amazing tt ,enjoy ur time....
They pulled the skin down and i got a nice new belly button (mine was pretty flat and stretched too). Since i didn't have a lot of extra skin, i ended up with a small vertical cut too, that's where my original belly button was. If my skin was more stretched i wouldn't have that, but the scar is so faded that it doesn't bother me a bit ;-)
amazing!!!! I am also small and had a big baby! Unlike you, I did get stretch marks so it looks even worse. On top of that, my belly button is flat and stretched! Did they remove the skin from your old belly button?
In my opinion it was absolutely 100% worth it and if i had to do it all over again i would do it again! To increase your chances of having successful results, make sure to pick a board certified surgeon, someone that has a lot of the same procedure behind him with great results! As i said in the original post, i have gone to several different surgeons before i found the one i liked and trusted enough. Don't be afraid to do the same! Good luck!
Nothing really, just regular body lotion every day...
Great success with your procedure it looks like. I've lost 105lbs so far and am looking to lose about 20 more. I am just starting to look into a possible TT, I am just having a problem convincing myself that the results are worth it (noticably different body shape?). Most pictures of Post-OP dont look that good. Thankfully your does.
your scar looks fantastic! what did you use on it during the heeling process? its so light and looks great!