31 Year Old Mom - Tummy Tuck to Get Rid of Pregnancy Stretch Marks

I am 31 yrs old. Had my son at 17 so 14 (almost 15...

I am 31 yrs old. Had my son at 17 so 14 (almost 15 years later) I finally decided to have a tummy tuck. I had stretch marks 3 inches above my belly button and all over my stomach.

I went to panama to have the surgery done because my parents live down there and they helped take care of me. I decided to do the surgery because i got in an accident on May 2 and was gonna be in a cast on my leg for 10 wks. And since i was already gonna be off work. I thought it would be perfect timing.

Walking after surgery was SOOOO PAINFUL because of the crutches and i had to contract my muscles to walk. But now 3 wks after surgery i'm ok.

Post op - I have a waist!!! but still lots of stretchmarks up to the new belly button and 1 above it. but my stomach is flat. but it hurts quite a bit still. I have a lot of tightness and numbness and still can't touch my stomach. Is that normal? I also can't wear anything around my waist.

5 days ago, (16 days post op) i noticed a bump between my breastbones. I think it's a suture. I called my doctor and he said not to worry about it. It doesn't hurt, it's not swollen or red. It's just a bump right below the skin. do i need to have it looked at? I still can't wear pants or anything around my stomach. I can't even touch my stomach because it's so tight. What can i do. One more question. Every morning for the last 5 days i wake up flexing my stomach so hard I wak up?

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-
This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

I am intrigued by the idea of having my tummy tuck surgery in a lower cost vacation destination but the risk makes me apprehensive. I would think the fact that your parents live in Panama served to reduce the risk - (ie. I would think that they were heavily involved in selecting the surgeon/facility given that they live there). But let's say you didn't have parents in Panama. Under this scenario, do you think it would have been wise for you to select a surgeon and have the procedure done in Panama? Do you think there would have been a reasonable chance of making a big mistake without the benefit of your parents' involvement in selecting a doc? Thanks !
My tummy is still numb but much less so. I've heard others have numb tummies up to even a year. I'm use to it now, but it's still a weird sensation. I've been wearing regular underwear at about 2 weeks post op, but I still wear my compression garment over them. I'm getting sick of it and occassionally keep it off for several hours. Today was the first time I exercised without it. I felt good and did not swell too bad. I always wear it to bed. It's very much a love/hate relationship with the garment!

he was very nice