Wound Healing Issues After Tummy Tuck

I can defentily see the potential new shape, right...

I can defentily see the potential new shape, right now my stomach region looks like someone who crawled out of a grave.

I never thought i would have any trouble being young and healthy and a non smoker. I still wouldnt say i regret it because i know i would never have been happy the other way. i had loose mushy skin from two pregnancies.

im going to choose yes on was it worth it and rec. provider because i have to but right now i dont know yet for sure. final outcome isnt here yet

Having some wound issues. Using silvadene cream...

Having some wound issues. Using silvadene cream and showers twice a day to keep area clean. Should my incision have been looked at before two weeks out? would that have caught this earlier. and who pays for a revision. Me or does the doctor just do it. I am not a smoker either i know this is more common in smokers. He said it didnt get enough blood supply. thanks

not sure yet

Hi there everyone,
Had my surgery on 11-29. It's now 3rd day in. Not feeling the best. Haven't had a BM since Sunday. Can anyone give me some advice?
I know it has been over a year since you have posted this hopefully you get this but I was wondering if you could share with me how long it took you to heal because I had a TT on July 13 2010 and I am having wound issues as well and I am totally distraught and was hoping to talk to someone who has been through it
Hi there, just read your message. I had a TT on 20th July so not that far behind you! I am having wound issues due to fat necrosis because of previous surgery. I have been going for daily dressing changes and progress seems to be slow. How are you doing now? Are you changing dressings yourself? I know this isn't very helpful but am feeling the same way as you right now!
How did u heal up?
Yikes! I'm in Atlanta too and going in on Tuesday...Curious to know who your drs were/are. Best of luck to the both of you, I hope everything works out.
my doctor is technically in Duluth. How about yours?
i went back to the doctor the other day and he told me this occurs about 1 out of 10 patients. however internet searches always say it is very rare. He said that we will just keep doing this for now and eventually we will have to pack it i guess it will become a whole and it will get better. he said that if this is the worst thing that happens he will be happy, the greatest risk was anesthesia and blood clots. he said he can do a scar revision in his office. just numb it up and fix in a few minutes. at least its not another long surgery.
if this comes up two times I am sorry, I lost it while typing before. I too have had wound issues, my stomach is black, it hurts and it is so sencitive goose bumps hurt. I also do not smoke. All I have been told is wait...this is hard. I assume the doctor is responsible for this error...no one has said anything about more money so far.
This has been the nearest thing that i have found to my problem i think. I also dont smoke and the doctor told me that i didnt get enough blood circ to my stomach. I am 2 mos post op and it looks like i have a cave in my lower abdomen. I dont know when you went through your surgery but im hoping it has been a while that way you can tell me its going to get better. I am currently having to stuff my wound with dakins and guaze and i am just so depressed. I like the overall result and so does my husband but it just bothers me so with this opened wound. Now a little tiny hole opened up right below my belly button. It seems like this whole part of my stomach is going to open up because it seems like it is dead skin. Could you please give me some advice. My surgery was on 6-2-09. Anything will help, thanks.
Actually I had mine after you, mine was on July 1st. Last time i went to the doctor he said that he thinks mine is only the top layer and it luckily didnt go all the way to the muscle. So there is a chance that i wont have to pack it eventually. I am 5 weeks out today. but it is very depressing, i have about six inches in the middle of my stomach that is a white or green puss or some sort, the same stuff is around my belly button. on top of it for some reason the doctor stiched me in a way that there was a fold of skin that looked like a crack between my bellon button to my incision. when i ask them about the "crack" they its just from being pulled really tight it will go away, well the next appt. he said that it was trying to grow together so now i have to wedge something into this crack thing, but when i put the binder back on it pushes it together. Half of it is closed now and i dont know if it healed from the inside out or if it has grown togeher. I really dont know how they would revise a scar like that. There is a lady on here, her name is Pam Brewer and she went through a pretty bad wound issues. She had a whole the size of a lemon, have you found her post yet? She is i think about six months out. she was very helpful. I could forward you our email conversation and a picture she showed me of the whole. It is hard when you see all of these pictures of people 2 and 3 weeks out who look great and its like why cant i be "normal"
Omg yes above my,vagina it came open and I have to pack it.the nurse said this doesn't really happen but she had seen it on bigger belted women it to for me is depressing..hubby is doing wound care..will my sex life ever be the same? He has told me it, hurts him to see me in this pain