Pleased W/results but Need 2nd Surgery to Remove Broken Drain

I had a tummy tuck two weeks ago, I went on...

I had a tummy tuck two weeks ago, I went on Tuesday to get the drains removed, the left side drain came out fine, the right side showed some resistance, the doc (not a plastic surgeon due to our community remoteness we just have fly in docs) continued to pull real hard on the drain and it broke I now have half the broke drain left inside and will have to undergo a second surgery to get the remaining drain removed.

Well the pros, I will in time have a flatter tummy when all is said and done, the cons, well.. I wish the doc would have exercised more caution. I had this surgery after having 5 kids and so far am please with the outcome, except for the drain breakage.

My question is, what are the odds of this happening, and was there anything this doc could have done to prevent this? I cant seem to find instances of other cases of drains breaking. Any help would be great. Thanks.

The plastic surgeon was great, he did a good job, his nurses were good too. However the doc who removed the drains I would not recommend.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in