Major Tummy Tuck W/ Liposuction - Stitches Ripped After Surgery--Open Wound HELP!!!

I did it because I lost weight and had loose skin....

I did it because I lost weight and had loose skin. I am still a "larger" woman but I wanted to try to get a flatter stomach.

I had my major tummy tuck with liposuction on 10/22/09 without a drain. I had no problems at first, but developed a bacterial infection about a week after. Because of the swelling associated with the infection, my stitches have ripped open. I now have a 4-5 inch opening below my belly button. It is also very deep and wide. I currently have it packed once or twice a day. I took my last Levaquin today (I had a 7 day prescrition). They told me that I will have to let it heal from the inside out. Therefore I will have a large open wound for a while.

How long does this normally take to heal? What can I do to help this heal correctly? Any help would be appreciated.

My tummy tuck was worth it and I LOVE my Dr. and...

My tummy tuck was worth it and I LOVE my Dr. and would refer him over and over again. He did such a great job. I had some trouble with my thyroid (unrelated) and gained some weight back. I'm working hard to get it off now and hope to have that off before summer. I would tell anyone who is thinking about it, it is well worth it-even with the trouble I had.

Oklahoma City General Surgeon

Dr and his staff have been wonderful throughout this experience.