So Far So Good! Tummy Tuck After 2 C-sections

After years of sucking it in I decided it was time...

After years of sucking it in I decided it was time to do something about it. I so wanted my flat tummy back and no matter how much weight I lost the bulge was still there. 2 c-sections will leave muscles damaged and the scar was horrible. I am 54 years old and I want to look good in my clothes. So why not?

I was not prepared for the down time. I hate the drains and can't figure out how to disguise them.

This is day 8 post tt. This support bandage is so...

This is day 8 post tt. This support bandage is so uncomfortable, it keeps riding up. How long do I wear it and is there another option? -- Updated on Sep 27, 2009: The color of my drainage has changed from red to yellow. Does anyone know why? Should I be alarmed? -- Updated on Sep 28, 2009: I keep reading comments that reference spanx. Please clarify which spanx products are being used, how soon, etc. Are they being used as a replacement for the binder? -- Updated on Oct 6, 2009: How long should you wear the binder after surgery. I am now 4 weeks post surgery and I would really like to try wearing something else. -- Updated on Oct 26, 2009: I had a tt 7 weeks ago. The hole under my belly button is slowly healing. But I am concerned about the skin on my stomach surrounding that area. It starting to turn dark. I recently started cleaning the belly button with peroxide. Could this be a reaction to the peroxide or could there be something else wrong?
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

He was very informative during the consultation. I did not feel pressured in anyway. I felt we communicate quite well.

Today is Nov 22, 2009...Its been 7 weeks and now I just finished my 3rd surgery. I had a large spot to die and he had to cut it out and restitch. Then there was a hole there that would not close and was very deep. I went back to surgery and he redid the scar from hip to hip and then up to my belly button and also my belly button. I feel some better today. All is not well. I still see a small black spot but we are going to watch it for a while...
Went to the doctor today Oct. 20. He said he wanted to wait until more swelling goes down. That means he will cut the dead part out and restitch on Oct 30...It has been 15 days and he took the two drain tubes out. I am so happy about that.
Bev I am sorry you are having complications. With the tubes gone you start to feel better. They were a pain by themselves. Now you can take a good look at your new self. I had three drain tubes. It was four weeks before the last one was removed. It has been six weeks now since my surgery. The incision has healed but that scar is still starring back at me. It is getting better though. My concern now is my belly button. It is a slow go. Please don't get discouraged. Everything is going to be just fine. This process just time, time, time. Man, the things we go through to be beautiful.
Thanks for your support. I needed that. bdgarrison@charter.net Bev
Well I have had a setback. Some skin died on my belly. I am sick about it. It is black as tar. It is about the size of a silver dollar. It looks terrible. I am not a smoker. I dont know why this happen to me. I am suppose to have it cut out and restitched Oct 19. I just hope and pray he can do it with out grafting skin somewhere else. Keep me in your prayers. I would post a picture but I dont know how.
Oh I feel for you. I hope you are feeling better now, over the worst of it at least. I was wondering about the back and how that would feel afterwards not being able to stand up straight. I am a stomach sleeper so not being able to sleep on stomach is a scary thought to me. Have your thoughts changed at all about this Bev? Please keep us posted. Take care, Jody
omg the first 3 days were worst than I thought. The muscles hurt so bad. Today is day 6. I am better. You need someone with you at all times for the first 5 days. I could stay by myself but it would be very hard. I have a huge blood blister or something like it under the skin and a large spot that looks like blood right under the skin. I will try and see the Doctor tomorrow. Staying bent over makes the back hurt real bad. Would I do this again at 56? No Way!
Bev How are you doing? I am sure your are better by now. Still say you wouldnn='t do it again? Before you answer check out that new flat tummy and neat waist line.
Wondering about pain level after abdominoplasty? I have decided to proceed with surgery after two cesereans (one 9lb.11 oz.)and a lovely overhang. Is pain comparable or worse than that of a c-section?
had to say. I think there is more discomfort rather than pain. The first week is the worst. I also think it is more of a psychological thing. With the c sections you know it over. With this you fear pulling something out of place.
I am also in Bham and interested in this procedure. Who performed your surgery?

{edited}

Edited by Sharon: We've added your provider info above the review. Thanks!

I am glad tro find someone that is from my area and I am looking into the procedure. You say that Dr. S is pretty good huh?? The price seems to be ok compared to others. Were there finance options? Did you have to stay overnight? Does the costs include everything? I know this might be a bit much but I am really wanting to do this and I am looking for as much info as possible. Thanks in Advance

Yes to all of your questions.
I am using Dr Bunch in Tuscaloosa. I know several people that have used him. I am still scared to death. Everyone pray for me. Monday Oct 5th is my big day......Bev
Hi Bev Just checking to see how you are after taking that big step. I hope everything turned out fine for you. It is too early to tell right now but each day gets better. I am 4 weeks post opt and I am so pleased. I know in time you will feel the same. take your meds and rest rest rest it pays off.
I wish you all the best in the coming weeks and months. I am scared to death. I am 56 and feel like I am too old to have this surgery but yet I can't stand this skin any longer. I just hope I will live to enjoy it. I have had many surgeries but I feel this will be the most painful.
thank you Bev. I have had several surgeries, c sections, dyfusion and foot surgery. Believe it or not this has been the least painful. There has been some discomfort but not really pain. It has also been the most motivational because I am looking forward to the new me. Just because we are aging does not mean we can not enjoy how we look in our clothes even if our styles are more mature! Don't be afraid and besides if men treat themselves to sport cars to feel younger at our age why shouldn't us girls treat ourselve to a more tuned up body.
You got that right...Thanks for your help. I will do it on Oct 5th. I will try to keep everyone updated as to how I am doing. Bev
No, my doctor did not give any indication of how long to wear it. I was so excited about my appearance that I never thought to ask him at that visit. This is the weekend and my next visit is Monday. I am sure we will discuss it the. Thanks for the two posting you referenced. They were very helpful.
Hello. Are you the one that is 54? I am 56 and I will be having my surgery Oct 5...I am scared to death. After having the surgery yourself can you give me any pointers or tell me what to expect from day 1-7? Thanks for any help. bdgarrison@charter.net Bev
Yes, I am the one that is 54. It has been 16 days to date since my surgery. I am so please with the results. The first week is the worst as far as mobility goes. You should really have some help getting up and down. I slept in my recliner because it was much more comfortable. In fact I am still in it. The worst part is walking leaning forward because my PS did not want me to stand up straight. I couldn't do that anyway. I can now fit in my old jeans which were a size smaller. I have lost about 6 pounds. 2 drains were removed Monday and I am hoping the last one will go next week. Take your meds and you'll be fine. Go go it!
Thanks so much for your input. I am doing it for sure Oct 5th. Are you saying at 16weeks that you are still walking bent over? If that is not what you are saying then tell me what week you could strighten up. I need to go out of town on my 3rd week. Do you think I will be able to ride for 4 hours at that point? Thanks, Bev
Bev, that is 16 days not weeks. Be sure you have a loose top and some type of elastic waistband bottom. This is so you can hide the drain tubes if they are still in. Take your meds and you'll do fine. I just took a 3 hour trip a few days ago the ride was not a problem. Just be prepared to relax the next day.
I feel pretty good on day 14. Just dread having the dead spot cut out tomorrow. This will set me back a few weeks I am sure. Like you this band will not stay in place. I have done everything I know to do. My incisison still looks raw and black. Doctor said it is fine. We have one very large spot that the skin died. On day 14 I still have the two drains. They drive me crazy. I will need them until after the 2nd surgery tomorrow. I dont know when he will remove them. Pray for me. Bev