Mini Abdominoplasty & Liposuction Didn't Address the Problem

I had a mini abdominoplasty & liposuction but...

I had a mini abdominoplasty & liposuction but wasn't informed of the limitations. I'm left with loose skin over my navel, just as before surgery.

I’m 63, 5’2”, 115 pounds. I had a breast augmentation, mini abdominoplasty and liposuction of the abdomen and back May 18th, ’09. No muscle repair was necessary. Nothing was done with my umbilicus. I was clear with the surgeon that my main concern was the flap of loose skin around my waist and over my navel, but he didn’t tell me that the mini tummy tuck couldn’t correct that.

I’m angry with myself for not being better educated going into this, and angry with the surgeon for not making the limitations of the mini procedure known to me. Here’s a picture of what I look like now. My “after” picture is not much different than before. I’m not a happy camper. My lower abdomen was never the problem in the first place.

I still don't fully understand the implications of "not enough skin." From my standpoint the problem is too much skin! I'm 3 1/2 months post-op - not a lot of swelling left that I can tell, but maybe it's just not apparent.
after reviewing your foto, I think your abdomen can be corrected with a full tummy tuck. I would wait about 6 months before redoing it. Having a mini-TT often doesn't burn bridges, but it can make the re-do a little more challenging. A full tummy tuck will correct the loose upper abdominal skin and the belly button. Because you already had a mini-TT there may need to be some adjustments in the technique. Have you talked to your surgeon about your dissatisfaction? I reccomend that you have a candid heart-to-heart with your surgeon; they may arrive at the same conclusion I did.
I had a follow-up with the surgeon this week and he offered to do a full tummy tuck at a reduced fee, but he says because I'm short-waisted I don't have enough skin to correct the problem without a T-incision, which is why he didn't do a full abdominoplasty the first time. I measure about 5 inches from sternum to navel. I'm thinking I'd like to get a second opinion before going ahead with this.

What are my options now?

What are my options now?

I had a breast augmentation at the same time and he did a wonderful job with that.