2 Weeks out from Abdominoplasty and Experiencing Increased Swelling and Discomfort

So far very happy that I did it. The recovery...

So far very happy that I did it. The recovery hasn't been too bad. Decided to do it because I had a huge diastasis and lots of extra skin after carrying triplets to 34 weeks.

Today I woke up with increased swelling of the 2-3 inches above my incision. I feel more uncomfortable and have increased "tightness". It doesn't feel soft like fluid accumulation and it doesn't look infected. Today is a holiday so I can't really call the office to have them take a look at it. I'm feeling worried and just wondered if this is normal.

Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Very skilled surgeon and know many people who have had excellent experiences with this physician as well

i had a maxi tuck on sept 29 2009. my drain tubes came out three weeks after surgery. all went well and then i was up alot going to kids games and things and then here comes the swelling. the swelling is tight and right above my pubic bone. i am nervous.. could i be forming a hematoma after three weeks or could it be a result of to much activity? does icing it down help at all?

Just wondering, what did you doctor say was the reason for the swelling after two weeks? Did you do strenous exercise the day prior to the swelling?
Everybody has some degree of swelling only 2 weeks after surgery. It takes a full 3-4 months for ALL swelling to be gone.
whats the cost to get surgery For you stomach? and also for breast lift after a baby born? do u no if insurance will will cover for breast reduction?
Please know that I personally take all the calls for my patients and the office is covered by me 24/7/365! We did meet right after the weekend and all looked good! No problems at all.