Tummy Tuck is Not an Out-patient Surgery, or It Shouldn't Be.

I should have been in the hospital for at least 3...

I should have been in the hospital for at least 3 days. Slicing you open, cutting pieces of you off and stitching you back together, deserves more respect and care than you get. You get woke up and they are putting your clothes on you to be wheeled out the door. Next!

First time getting up to run (that is funny-more like slow motion in pain) to the bathroom, I felt like the front of me was fallin off. Wait until you try to lower yourself down to the toilet. You need stomach muscles to perform this. By the way, best way for someone to help you get up or down is to have them put there arms around your back at the waist line. Never let them lift you by your arms. Hurts.

Anyone dealing with cronic swelling and pain from a tummy tuck? It feels like I had 30 lbs stitched onto the front of me, instead of taking skin and tissue off. I had the Tummy Tuck on Feb, 27,2008. I wish I know what to do to make it better. Very tired od this.
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

I didn't realize how big a surgery it was. I don't think that I will ever be painfree. It could be just my body not responding well. I also had a breast reduction done at the same time, and I Love it. No problems with it, only discomfort for a while. Would refer him for Breast Reduction. Dr is a very friendly guy.

yep they do the surgery and then they hurry you out the door as if nothing even happened yep... got treated the same way. My doctor was no where to be found right after...hmmm
Im sorry i dont have helpful info for you but i was just wondering how old this post was, i see you had your surgery Feb 2008 but i cant tell by the posting if it has been a year and half later and you are still swollen. Im new to this site and posting and was just wondering.
It is Sept 11, 09 and it has been over a year since my surgery.
I hear so many stories like this and I feel so bad for you ladies. I had my TT, BA, and eyeslids 26 days ago and I must be the exception to the rule, I only too pain meds for 3 days. Having my tonsils out hurt worse than this. For me, the worst part was yesterday when the last drain was removed. It was in for a very long time because I cannot sit still to save my life and was very active and therefore produced alot of fluid. I feel wonderful physically and emotionally. Good luck to you...I hope things get better for you. Big hug.
Hello MKW569, I am 35 and have had 2 kids and have waited years to have a tummy tuck done.I have now been able to afford it and have it scheduled for next week. All of a sudden I am scared to death. It seems that all the posts I see anymore are all negative and that was not at all how it was before I scheduled.LOL! I used to think i could handle pain pretty good but having my hysterectomy 5 years ago put that to the test so I am concerned about the pain from this. Although my PS assures me it is not like a hysterectomy.I hope my experience is as pleasant as yours.He did explain it was not pain free but said most of his patients feel the drains are more the uncomfortable feeling than anything else.