To B or Not to B? I'd Rather Be a C or D (After Breast Reconstruction)

D/X with breast cancer in April '08. Had...

D/X with breast cancer in April '08. Had bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction using tissue expanders, chemo, etc. Expanders were 500cc filled to 1000cc each over a 4 month period (last fill Oct '08).

Replacement surgery was Mar '09. Expanders were replaced with Mentor silicone gel implants, 685cc, moderate height, high profile.

I was expecting these to be larger, but to me they appear rather small. Before mastectomies I was around a 36B/38A/B depending on the bra but now I barely fill an A cup bra.

Was I realistic in hoping for my new 'breasts' to be larger than an A/B cup with 685cc implants after reconstruction? I've seen many photos of women who appear very flat chested who receive 350cc implants and look bigger than mine. I realize that augmentation is different but my implants are almost twice this size but still appear smaller. Any advice is appreciated.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

He is very knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner. He does great work. The incisions healed beautifully and are hardly noticable. I am just really disappointed in the size of my reconstructed breasts after all was said and done.