Recovery Was Rough, but Worth It

I had my contour thread lift 4 years ago when I...

I had my contour thread lift 4 years ago when I was 44 years old. I had lost over 150 pounds and hated the sagging skin on my cheeks and jawline.

I had 8 threads placed at a cost of 200 dollars per thread. I used a board certified plastic surgeon. I did not have my brow done. Just my cheek and right under my jaw line.

I had local anesthesia and it was a little unsettling being awake while someone is tunneling under my face. I had a fairly significant amount of swelling and bruising post-op and did have a ridge on my cheek. I choose not to panic, but kept following my surgeons recommendations which included ice packs, pain medication and ibuprofen.

It took a week before I was willing to go out in public, by 3 weeks I looked great. I kept this procedure a secret but had many people noticed a change, but because I changed my hairstyle they thought that was the change or that I had lost more weight. The before and after pics were showed alot of improvement.

Its now been 4 years and I am noticing that some laxity is returning. I was actually on this site to find out if I could have MORE put in. Do any of the physicians know if there is an alternate now that the threads aren't done any longer?

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Great bedside manner and did not try to "upsell". He made sure I had realistic expectations regarding the procedure.