Light Peel for Acne Led to Outbreak of Pimples

I had a light peel done on my face a couple of...

I had a light peel done on my face a couple of weeks back. My face had just a few pimples (not more than 5) and my doctor suggested that the easiest way to get rid of them was to do a chemical peel. However, after getting it done, I have an outbreak of pimples all over my face especially on my forehead. Now, I have more pimples after the peel than before. I am not sure if I should continue my treatment with the peel as I fear that It would get worse after each session

Is an outbreak of pimples normal after a chemical peel? and if so, how long will it take to heel completely? or should I stop the treatment alltogether and resort to a more natural approach to dealing with my pimples?

The same thing happened to me after a Jessner's Peel. On days 4 and 5 the peeling started, and I had a full on whitehead goatee in my chin area and really red, painful pimples all over my cheeks and forehead. It's day 6 today, and my skin looks terrible! I'm trying to stay calm. I know it gets worse before it gets better....
Kristy92202 how long did it take for your face to clear up?
How long did it take to clear up? My face has been broke out severely for 3-4 days now
Peels help to remove the outermost layers of skin and dissolve dead skin cells that have accumulated in your pores (BHAs are particularly good for this). However, it takes a few weeks at least for already clogged pores to make their way to the surface and clear out. Give your regimen a chance to do it's job and be patient - it's very common for people starting a peel regimen to break out at first; that's the skin working out all those blocked pores. If pimples are your main concern, concentrate on salicylic acids and do them on a regular basis.
I bet that happened because you started peeling/drying. Dead skin causes pimples & blockage of the pores. Although your skin might have reacted with an outbreak during the peel, or right after, I am betting that it has cleared up quite a bit since than. Personally, I think you should have gave your skin a breather after the peel instead of having a panic attack and jumping to use another chemical to put on your face. There is a good chance that that in itself caused your face to be more dry and break out more. Try giving it a week of 'nothing' but water and see if there is any improvement.
The same thing has happened to me. I did glycolic 30% and it made my skin break out so I tried a salicylic 20% and it just made my acne considerably worse! Everywhere I read people say it has helped them and you are the only person who had had the same experience as me. Every cream I use seems to irritate and make the acne worse. I did some research on a good face sunblock. Everyone raved on Shiseido Face SunBlock. I tried it along with Neutrogena 70 face and it just gives me white heads. I'm so upset. It's been about a week since the salicylic peel. I saw you did the peel last month. Did your skin get better and if so, is it even better that before? - Thanks
Hi Exhibit, What type of peel did you have? Was it TCA, or was it salicylic acid? I have seen dermatologists on RealSelf recommend salicylic peels for acne, but I don't know about tca peels. I think it's also somewhat common for skin to get worse before it gets better when you're going through acne treatment. Light therapies and topical/oral antibiotics are also acne treatments dermatologists have frequently recommended on RealSelf. Good luck!