Light Peel for Acne Led to Outbreak of Pimples

I had a light peel done on my face a couple of...

I had a light peel done on my face a couple of weeks back. My face had just a few pimples (not more than 5) and my doctor suggested that the easiest way to get rid of them was to do a chemical peel. However, after getting it done, I have an outbreak of pimples all over my face especially on my forehead. Now, I have more pimples after the peel than before. I am not sure if I should continue my treatment with the peel as I fear that It would get worse after each session

Is an outbreak of pimples normal after a chemical peel? and if so, how long will it take to heel completely? or should I stop the treatment alltogether and resort to a more natural approach to dealing with my pimples?

The same thing happened to me after a Jessner's Peel. On days 4 and 5 the peeling started, and I had a full on whitehead goatee in my chin area and really red, painful pimples all over my cheeks and forehead. It's day 6 today, and my skin looks terrible! I'm trying to stay calm. I know it gets worse before it gets better....
Kristy92202 how long did it take for your face to clear up?
How long did it take to clear up? My face has been broke out severely for 3-4 days now