Brown Spots Returning

ThePros: Freckles are gone, skin is tighter and...

ThePros: Freckles are gone, skin is tighter and smoother.

The Cons: Brown spots are returning

My skin was always uneven in tone and I had developed brown spots as large as a dime all over my face due to sun exposure and hormones. The TCA peel has helped, but after 2 months I am noticing new brown spots developing even though I wear an SPF 30 everyday and stay out of direct sun.

I would not be opposed to doing another TCA peel later on.

But how soon can another peel be done? The first...

But how soon can another peel be done? The first peel 2 months ago was at 40% it has left my face a bit more hyper pigmented that it was before. I now have darker brown areas around the cheeks and the skin area along the outside of mt face is very white in comparison to my cheeks. I was wondering if another peel could be done to even this out or would it make it worst. Also, there are new little brown spots popping up all over my face that weren't there 3 weeks after the peel. HELP!

Have you ever considered a combo of IPL (Intense pulsed light) and Pixel Laser treatment? Initially, the IPL will darken the spots, but then after a few treatments they begin to fade away. The Pixel Laser is fractionalized Er-YAG laser, so it doesn't take off the entire top layer of skin, but rather makes tiny pin-hole wounds that heal quickly, and you will exfoliate some without the added hyper-pigmentation of the chemical peel. The two treatments can be done at one visit, and I would recommend a few treatments to get rid of the brown spots. You will have a few days of red-golden, then dry, then flaking skin, but within about 7 days you'll have much improved, tighter, less blotchy, skin...Just keep out of the sun afterward!
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

He has over 30 years experience.