Swelling Under Eyes 10 Days After IPL Treatment for Broken Blood Vessels

I had IPL for broken blood vessels under my eyes...

I had IPL for broken blood vessels under my eyes 10 days ago. I had severe swelling right after and the next morning my left eye was almost swollen shut. Like I stated it has been 10 days and I still have edema under my eyes (right is worse than left at the moment) in the shape of a "moon" that is definatly filled with fluid. Tea Bags help for a short time and then the edema returns.

this was an "afterthought" after a Microdermabrasion Facial. The girl suggested that we "zap" my few blood vessels right after the Microderm. Because I had had IPL before and did not experience any problems I agreed to this.

Please tell me if this is normal? how long will this continue? Is this permanent? can I do anything to speed the process up? I have had numerous IPL treatments over the years and NEVER have had a reaction like this...I'm very discouraged and upset with how long this has lasted and how I look. I look horribly tired and worn out with the bags under my eyes. Please, please help me with your expertise and give me some light at the end of this tunnel..thank you so much.

I believe too much energy was used in this procedure.