Still Have a Bump After Septorhinoplasty

It was a pretty easy recovery, and I did it mainly...

It was a pretty easy recovery, and I did it mainly to correct a deviated septum, but also remove a hump on the nose. I wanted a straight profile from the side.

I am a little over one month post-op septorhinoplasty which corrected a deviated septum and was supposed to remove a big hump on the bridge of my nose. There still seems to be a hump on the dorsum, which is irritating and depressing me, as I was hoping to have a straight profile. It is hard, feels like bone, doesn't hurt to apply pressure to it. I am wondering if this is swelling or if it is bone that was not shaved down enough? Thanks for response.

He is dedicated and tries to have insurance cover as much if not all of procedure if possible (assuming it's not solely cosmetic as was my case)

I just got my cast off today and I also noticed a bump at the top my doctor has me doing the nose exercises as well
i have the same problem today i had thr cast removed on one side my nose looks completely straight and on the other a slight hump. The hump for me to feels like hard bone and is tender to touch, I am going to the doctors tommorrow so will ask about these exercises thanks. I think you just have high expectations and want to see the full results straight away, I ma going to keep positive and hope the final result is how i expect. How long does the swelling take to go down,;: )
Since you just had the cast off, feel good because time should only make it look better. Unfortunately I am 4.5 months post-op, and that issue remained for me, so it's likely scar tissue, and there is still a slight hump. I am hoping that I can get touch-up surgery, which is a bummer because I think it's going to cost more money :( :( Major swelling really only lasted about 2 months, but even now at the 4.5 month mark my tip is still quite firm. The bottom of the nose where the wall separates the two openings is also unable to be lifted if I apply pressure upwards (just a silly thing I noticed, because I used to be able to press up on it before the surgery). But yeah, the problem I have now is said to be "easily correctable" but the issue with the money is the true bummer.
Yes, it has definitely helped with swelling! My doctor calls it nose "exercises" and he had me doing them the second my cast came off (pretty painful at first, but now it's not bad at all.) My slight bump also feels like bone. He said it helps to make sure the nose heals straight, and to help swelling go down. You take your thumb and forefinger and place them on the bridge of your nose (start at the top of your nose)Now you slide the fingers down the sides of your nose (towards cheeks) with some pressure, and then pinch the sides of the nose together. Hold for about 30 seconds to a minute. Do this in the mirror so you don't press too hard on one side and make the nose crooked! Repeat the exercise again in the middle of the nose (where the hump is) and the bottom of the nose. Do these about ten times a day. Also, if you are really worried about the hump not going down, place tape over it firmly. The tape should push the hump down completely, while it's on the nose. You can sleep with the tape on at night and it will help also. Just keep in mind it takes time for the nose to heal, and it's just too soon to tell what it will eventually look like. I hope that helps! It's hard to explain the exercises, and not be able to demonstrate...
I'm extremely appreciative for this comment. I'm 2 months now post-op, the hump is still there :( :( I have been doing some massaging but I don't notice any difference. Even if I don't massage, the hump should still go down? Is it still too early to tell though?
Don't freak out yet, it's still healing. I had the exact same thing done to my nose, and my doctor, who only does face surgery has me massaging it. I know it's controversial to massage the nose after surgery, but it has helped a lot of people with the dorsal hump area. Ask your doctor if this is okay for you to do, of course. He can show you how to do it correctly ; )
Oh, I see! Even 4.5 weeks is still too early? I guess I have to wait a month or so longer to really see, I'm going to see my doctor in a couple weeks and he said he'll see about the issue, but I really appreciate the comment, I should just be more patient! I'll ask him about massaging it, as well.
Hi miskerb, I have the same problem of a hump re-appearing a week after my op (not the same hump I had which was more like a hook-nose, this is much smaller and just at the top, but still noticeable!). I am not happy with this at all and have my next post-op apnmt with the doc in a week. But regarding the massaging, do you think it has helped reduce your hump at all? I was very sceptical at first because my hump feels like bone, not swelling. How do you go about doing the massaging? Just gentle rubbing with an oil of some sort? Maybe I should try it too. I don't want to wait another week until I see the doc and would rather start doing something about it now if I can!