Very Satisfied with Smoothbeam for Oily Skin / Acne

I had my first Smoothbeam laser treatment a week...

I had my first Smoothbeam laser treatment a week ago, and already oil production is way down. I didn't have terrible acne, just little bumps here and there. And since I'm going the Fraxel route in the future, I'd like to take care of the lingering acne issues than have it mess with the Fraxel results. I'm anxiously awaiting the final result in a month.

The doctor and his staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and made my treatment experience as enjoyable as possible (as possible for someone to zap you repeatedly with a laser). With the numbing cream, the laser felt like someone was poking you with thumbtacks. Not bad at all.

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Very friendly, informed, doesn't rush through appointments.

Interesting, Dr. F recommended the same thing for me, smoothbeam first, then Fraxel. I'm concerned after reading all the horror stories here about crescent shaped marks and burns, plus the poor reliability of the machine and that they don't make it anymore.. Dr. F also recommended retin-A, so may try that first.
Also added to the message. I am wanting to get fraxel for my icepick scars. How much downtime did you have? and were the results noticeable after the first treatment?

I'm also getting Fraxel treatments from Dr. F. So far I've gotten two Smoothbeam treatments and two Fraxel treatments. The Smoothbeam has dried my skin up enough for it to get dewy as opposed to crazy oily as the day goes on. I'll probably get one more Smoothbeam treatment when I go back later this month for another Fraxel zap. The Fraxel has made my skin much smoother in addition to diminishing hyperpigmentation. I'm definitely a fan. I've signed on to have at least three more treatments and am very much looking forward to the final result.

How was the final outcome after all the treatments? My son is also seeing Dr. F, but is still on other topicals and antibiotics to kick the acne. The Dr. has recommended the Smoothbeam and VBeam if the medications don't work. Have you tried the VBeam for scars?