SmartXide for Sun-damage, Acne Scars and Fine Lines

My SmartXide Dot treatment was done on Saturday,...

My SmartXide Dot treatment was done on Saturday, 09/19/2009, primarily wanted it done for sun-damage, acne scars and fine lines.

Nurse put numbing cream on my face for approx. 45 minutes, wiped it off after tingling sensation, indicating the proper affect and procedure began. There was slight discomfort, however not during the entire procedure, only occasionally. Best describe my personal experience to the procedure itself, as tolerable, slight discomfort.

I followed the Docs instructions by using frozen peas and cold towels on my face with a fan blowing on me, to soothe the burning (like a bad sun-burn)sensation which was gone by the next morning. My face was swollen for the first few days and it is now peeling with pink, tender new skin now exposed (Yippee). It was stressed how important it is to stay out of the sun and the nurse equiped me with a paper sheet to cover my head/sides of face in order to drive home (which was not only resourceful of the nurse, but pretty comical to see). On day 5, I put sunscreen all over treated area, put a scarf over my head (draping over sides of face) and a large-brim, bucket style straw hat along with dark sunglasses to go to the grocery store. It was for the sun-protection, but also my face has large areas peeling, blotchey brown spots, and so the scarf helped hide appearance from public, as well as providing protection. There was definitely people staring with curiosity, possibly thoughts that I was someone famous, incognito (LOL)!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Drinking lots of water was recommended as well as...

Drinking lots of water was recommended as well as keeping treated areas moisturized at all times with moisturizing cream which promises for quicker, successful healing which I followed.  Today, 9-days later, my skin is really looking good and fresh!  Neighbors have come by to check it out and agree that the SmartXide laser treatment has given me good results.  It supposed to get even better within 6-months, allowing the rejuvenation of collagen, so I will keep you posted.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Photo Update

I has Smartsize Dot Laser done to face neck and chest 2 years ago. They said I would be able to wear makeup after 5-7 days. It was actually a full 8 days before I felt comfortable going back to work due to extensive peeling and flaking. There was no way I could have put make up on my face. It was about 4 months before I could see any results, and then it looked great for about 9 months - then it seemed that my skin very quickly went back to looking like it did before. After 2 years its like I never did anything at all. I too thought it would delay a face lift. I was 50 when I had it done. I'm now 52 and definately need a lift of some kind. I think there was not enough known to predict how long the results would last, and the length of time is WAY overpromised and under delivered. I've heard the same thing from other people. When you go to truly medical sites they reiterate this. But the doctors sites make wildly optimistic claims. I only found one site after the fact that said the procedure would need to be redone every 18-24 months to maintain results. I would do it again if I had cash to throw around, but don't count on this being something that will last any length of time. I'm sure that the actresses have it done yearly but I can't afford it unless this becomes more affordable. I paid $3,800 for face neck and chest at Innovations Medical Spa in Dallas.
Greetings....it looks like this procedure was done back in 2009. I'm wondering what further improvements, if any, you've expereinced. Your photos are impressive! Congratulations! I'm having the procedure done later this month....am slightly nervous, but hoping for wonderful results like you've expereinced.

does any one tell me that should i carry on the smartxde dot therapy because i dont see very goo results for the acne scars please do tell me if any one have experience it and mail me plz plz plzzzz

Dr. Jeffrey Caruth

Dr. creates a relaxing atmosphere with his calming demeanor making small talk while performing procedure. Nurse compliments Dr.'s demeanor in her gentleness and calming presence.