SlimLipo for Abs, Flanks & Bra Roll Area

I had SlimLipo done almost 2 weeks ago and I...

I had SlimLipo done almost 2 weeks ago and I actually look worse now than when I went in there!!

I was given 2 valium and 2 vicodin when I went to the facility. He started with the abs then did the flanks/bra roll area. The whole procedure took 3 hrs.

The dr. was very nice throughout the procedure and even called me at home twice to check on me. I went home that night and took vicodin as directed for 2 days and stopped.

I am still very sore, my stomach is hard and lumpy along with the fact that it really doesn't look any different-actually worse. And my pants don't even fit at all-nevermind any better. What is going on? Why do some people that have this done have a flat belly the next day? Ugh-I am so frustrated all I want to do is cry! HELP

CUPID: I also find it hard to believe someone had a 'flat tummy' right after surgery. I was bloated and swelled for the first month. It was so frustrating. Some areas are still tender and hard. I had my slimlipo on Nov. 2, 2010 (on my abs, waist, flanks and arms). Initially I was extremely disappointed in my lack of results but suddenly a few days ago, I've notice my waist and abs taking shape. I was wearing a size 8-10 before the surgery. Yesterday I bought clothes in size 4-5. I do have some loose skin but I'm hoping in time this area will tighten up. I have not seen the results I was hoping for with my arms. Of all the procedures, recovery on my arms has been the most painful. I also had the 'rope and lumpiness' in the treated areas but that is quickly subsiding. One thing that does bother me is I've had not heard anything from my doctor. I've been trying to get a follow-up appointment but nothing is available. I will try again after the holidays. On a positive note, I've lost almost 10 pounds since the surgery. I am 5'2". I now weight 114. My measurements before the procedure were: Hips 38, Waist 33, abs - 37. I measured myself this morning and they are: Hips - 34, waist- 27, abs - 31. Since my doctor said it can take up to 4-6 months to see the final results, I'm very anxious to see what my body will look like come Spring. My advice to anyone having this procedure - be patient. It may takes several weeks to recover (as it did for me) and there are going to be times when you are going to curse yourself for having the procedure. Sometimes after exercising, I still get what feels like fluid retention in my lower abs but that using goes away within an hour or two. Good luck...keep us posted on your progress :)
CUPID - Opps...didn't realize your post was from 2009. How are you doing?
I went to the dr. and he cannot understand why I am so bloated looking. He said it doesn't seem like swelling and -as we both looked at my before pics-he agreed that I actually look bigger than before I had it done. So I am off to the physician to see if something else is going on-ugh. If I had this done when my big belly was caused by something else, I am going to be po'd!! Regretfullin-one week is WAY too soon to tell anything. Please be patient-you have a lot of swelling right now.
Hi Sorry to hear your story. I'm going through a very similar experience. I'm trying to be patient, but it is hard!
email to my self
Sorry about the previous posting error. I understand how you feel I got slim lipo done a week ago. My stomach is bigger now than it was swollen and pretty discolored and lumpy. At this point in time I am fairly discourage but I am trying to be patient. I hope as others have written it takes at least 6 weeks to tell. Please keep us posted. Best Wishes
You are so not yucky!!! Stop being so hard on yourself! If you had a roll and the fat was taken out that skin has to have time to pull tighter, right? I mean, you cant expect to have a totally flat tummy right away. You need to heal. We're all here for you! Just trust in your doctor, be patient, and be a good girl and do what your told to do. If you need to chat, we are here for you!
MariaC and Roma4723-I am sorry if I am coming off so negative. You are both right and I just have to wait it out.I am going to try to be more positive about it. No more complaining from me! I re-read my posts and couldn't believe how yucky I sound. Sorry and thanks for your feedback
I actually had the Slim Lipo-I was scheduled for Smart lipo but when I went in there, he said he was going to use the slim lipo. I have no idea what the difference is. I am scheduled for Vela shape but can't imagine that is going to make me look any different. I absolutely look the same-have the same big roll hanging over my pants and its already been a month-I'm disgusted.Please take this procedure seriously and make sure your results are realistic. When I had my consult I expressed my concerns that the Smart lipo wasn't going to be enough-he said he'd get rid of my roll.I am 5'6, 160lbs-work out at least 5x a week with cardio and weight lifting. I am solid all over except my gut. Sorry to rant, I am just disappointed!!
Have you read a lot of the posts? Some people had smart lipo, some people had vaser liposelection and some people had slim lipo. Which one did you have because I'm trying to find out what the difference is? I read people got lumps from the smart lipo and vaser, so is the slim lipo better about lumps? Is your doctor a plastic surgeon? Maybe he can fix your lumps for free. I just read a slim lipo post from a real nice woman, Angelmed. She said her doctor in PA gave her vela shape sessions free to help her heal. Maybe your doctor can do that for you too! Where are you located? Don't be sad cupid! I'm sure you will get better!
Yes, I am wearing it pretty much all the time besides showering and washing it. I have a bad feeling I may need a touch up but that is not going to happen. I'll just have to deal with the body I have....
Well, from what I have been reading, it takes time in some patients for the swelling to go down. Are you wearing a garment?
Hello, i had smartlipo done 1 month ago and I'm having a very similar outcome. I am still swollen, and my clothes fit tighter as well. However, i will tell you that i went to a very experienced board certified surgeon & just went for my 3rd check up. He told me it was completely normal b/c i was seriously freaking out. I've also gained about 3 pounds, but i think its from the swelling. Don't worry - it literally takes a good 3 months to see semi-final results. Just keep wearing your garment and make sure to massage!! hope this helps (also drink lots of water)!! :)
Hi...I had slim lipo done 3 weeks ago and am having the same exact results...can you tell me if you are doing any better since for you I believe its been about 2 months now right?? I am sore but lower abdomen is very hard and big

Here are some related threads that might help answer your questions:

When to see full Smart Lipo results?

Will my Smart Lipo results get better?

Am I swelling from Smart Lipo?

What to do with swelling after Smart Lipo?

Good luck with your recovery and please keep us posted on how you're doing.