Treatment Experience Was Good; Compression Garment is Uncomfortable

My treatment experience was good. The pros are...

My treatment experience was good. The pros are that the surgery was straightforward and easy to recover from. I went back to exercise that was not stressing the surgery area four days after the procedure.

Drainage was not bad and for the most part only lasted 24 hours. Cons I'd say are the things they don't tell you, like the numbness and other parasthesias that go along with the healing process; as well as the bumpiness. Having to wear the compression garment is pretty uncomfortable and inconvenient and is causing its own set of symptoms, but I was glad of it the first few days.

Is it really necessary to wear the compression garment the second week? I've heard that it really makes no difference long term beyond the first week. I ask because at this point, wearing the compression garment is causing most of my existing discomfort, as well as being inconvenient.

Most experienced doctor with this procedure in the area. Did a good job on the surgery and explained most things well. Less expensive than two others in the area.