Male, Late 20s, with Stubborn Stomach Fat

I am a male in his late 20s who is very healthy...

I am a male in his late 20s who is very healthy and fit and had some stomach fat that would not go away from exercise.

I had smart lipo to the upper and lower abs and was very happy with the look after the 1st week of recovery. I'm just almost done with week 3 of recovery and I am very confused about how I should be taking care of the hard scar tissue / healing tissue that has formed where the fat was removed.

I ask my PS about this and they said at week 2 I should start the ripping process of breaking this tissue up. Quote "Rip, rip, rip." and at this stage I can't do anything wrong as I have been wearing my compression suite non stop and did not bend at the waist for the 1st 2 weeks as to not put any lines in the healing tissue.

My question is if I should be ripping this scar tissue at this stage and if intensive massage is correct at this point to break up this tissue? I was very happy with the look early on but since I started the massage and breaking of the scar tissue, I haven't been as happy with the look. Its starting to get puffy. I realize this could be from swelling, I just don't want to damage what was done. Also I should mention that I did not bruise at all. Am I doing the right thing?

Hi, thanks for sharing. What did your surgeon mean when he tell you to rip the scar tissues? I got lipo over a month ago and I still have a lot of hard lumps all over my body. So did your hard lumps eventually went away? Reply would be appreciated. Thanks.
Don't worry about the temporary swelling, it's all part of the healing process. I had traditional lipo done on my chest (gyno) three years ago, and it swelled up for a few days. It got me worried, but the PS told me as long as the compression garment is on, I would be fine. The bulk of the swelling went away after four to five days, I would say, but the total swelling didn't disappear until the end of the 1st month. I was pretty bruised up the first week, but for your case, you've had smart lipo which is very minimally invasive and usually, from what I have seen/heard, doesn't bruise as much, if not at all.