Silicone Implants with Beautiful Results Lasted 30 Years Before Rupturing

I had 200 cc Cox Uphoff silicone implants placed...

I had 200 cc Cox Uphoff silicone implants placed under the muscle 30 years ago in Phoenix. They were implanted using an incision in my armpit, and although the recovery was a bit longer than the other incision methods, I have had so many compliments on how totally natural they look.

I have had physicals from doctors who didn't know I have implants, and when they saw in the file that I did, they commented that they never would have known. I have no visible scars. I only weigh 117 pounds, so decided not to go too large so that they didn't look fake.

I have never had any problems with them and was told that they would last a lifetime, but one has recently ruptured, so I guess I got a lot of mileage out of them. They hugely helped my self-esteem, more than anything I've ever done in my life including fixing my teeth and doing the Body for Life Program which gave me a beautiful body. I would do it over in a heartbeat.

Recently found out via digital mammogram that the left one has ruptured extracapsularly toward my shoulder and awaiting MRI results to see if right one is also ruptured. I am having difficulty finding any cosmetic surgeon in Houston who will use the incision under my armpit to remove and replace the implants. I do not want visible scars.

Any comments from surgeons regarding my desire to go through the armpit incision for this second surgery?

Dr. Richard Wohl, but unfortunately he is retired.

He was very concientious and did what I wanted, which was not to be too big, and was willing to leave me with no visible scars.

The armpit incision is okay for insertion of the implant, but is very troublesome to use for removal of ruptured silicone implants: it makes complete removal of the capsule around the implant and all of the implant material nearly impossible. As noted in the comment above, Utah does indeed have a large number of experienced plastic surgeons, and it is very common for patients to seek out that expertise here. Best of luck to you! Brian K. Brzowski, MD, FACS Ogden, UT
My friend had a surgeon in Utah that placed her implants under the armpit. She had done a lot of research and found there are many experienced plastic surgeons in Utah. She flew from CA to Utah to have her surgery.