Ruptured Silicone Implant

Ruptured Silicone implant explanted due to car...

Ruptured Silicone implant explanted due to car accident. These implants were put in in1974, 35 years ago, and when I had the roll over car accident, the 3rd day woke up in pain and with redness similar to the photo. That was 04/09/09 and by the time the MRI was done ir was a month of walking around with a ruptured breast.

He's out of the office next week so I wanted to understand what might happen?

Will my body heal with the silicone leakage inside or does it have to come out by cutting it out or is there another procedure that can be done to save the breast?

He's personable, board certified and is called upon by local news people when they need to air advice. He's been on radio broadcasts and written articles. He is a leader in this field

Simple. Don't get implants. Your aware that silicon eats away your breast after it ruptures? If not I'd suggest googling more. You never should've got the implants in the first place. Learn to love your body.
The issue is the age of the implants and the fact that her silicone implants are obsolete, not that she has silicone. Obviously if she had an accident the implants need to be removed.
Yea I agree !! Hello she had an accident
Breastimplantsff this is a website for support not judgment. If you wish to be rude to other women on their choices I suggest you remove yourself. I love my body and I have implants so enjoy judging me
capsular is so hard to explain to those who have never had and hopefully they never do. Myself I have had ruptured implants and 2 separate capsulers and scar tissue. I this time massage and massage and since my areola revision, I am sooo stressed I can't massage till completely healed and so I wish you the bes and hope all goes well this time around for you my friend. I as well just found out my body does not dissolve all the sutures they keep coming out and it is why that one side did not close cause my body is extracting them all out or what is not dissolved and Ill tell you it is quite a bit. I just figured this out 2 days ago and I am 3 weeks post so ill have some scars now on my revision but its far better then what that last surgeon did. I am so thankful for Dr., Kerendian of Beverly hills and his staff and thankful he comes and does work in Bakersfield cause if he hadn't I would been left with that horror show. I love that I found this site and all your gals and your stories. I advise to careful watch for hardening and making sure your body aborbs those darn darn dissolvable sutures.... Good luck and get the surgery sooner then later its always worse the longer you go and can result in more trauma and complications later...
I don't know much on the silicon but I had the cohesive gummi implants done in Canada in 2003 and both my implants ruptured and had capsular and they left a nasty mess just think of a gummi at what 98.6 tempture and rupturing a goopy nasty mess. surgeon who cleaned it up made things and ended having another capsular and scar tissue and bad over sized pockets from to big of implants and then the scar tissue on top so yea years of a bad messy neglectful and none caring surgeons after the implants were in but thank fully to the wonderful surgeon now I have. I am now almost closed up from my revision and areola reduction scar fix and had posted a comment on the incision but what you know its almost all closed even before I got answers and seen the surgeon. I understand what you are going through and all the things going on in your brain as I have been there but wish I knew more on the silicone. I did hear that was the stronges and safest type of implant and is to bad they can't be used anymore. good luck keep us posted id like to know how you do and what goes on.. god speed for healthy recovery...
Thank you for your comments and telling me your story, it sounds like you hit the nail on the head when stating the importance of a good surgeon, this is key if your thinking about implants. I had mine replaced back in February last year, and to my astonishment BOTH implants were intact when removed?? However the scar tissue was exceptionally bad, maybe as a result of having them under the muscle originally, being such a small shape and size I honestly think that is why I had these problems. Initially the new implants looked and felt great, they were of a standard profile which means they were not stuck up on my chest. But now I have the capsulation problem in my right breast - which was always the problem breast. My surgeon did warn me that it may happen but that the overall operation would still be better then the current implants. He was right as they do definitely look and feel much better, despite the scar tissue forming around the right implant, although I can tell that its harder and more pert, it just looks as if the right one is slightly bigger than the left, which I can live with, knowing that theres no silicone floating around in my body. As for the hair loss and pain in my joints thats stopped, but my surgeon advised that it was all in my head or maybe down to other things.
Can I pls have the name of your surgeon.
I had a ruptured silicone implant and had to have surgery because it was huge and painful. That surgery was in 2007. Then shortly after that I had hurting in armpit area. MRI revealed several silicone nodules in armpit. I had surgery finally Jan of this year and seven nodules out and two lymph nodes. After a month later I have more from another MRI so next week I am having them out because they are painful. So, I would advise to have them fixed by a good surgeon. Good Luck.
Hi There, can I ask if you have experienced any other health issues, such as hair loss,aching joints or stiffness in joints first thing in the morning or when being sat in the same position for a period of time? My right silicone implant has ruptured and silicone has leaked into my glands, this happened around 2 years ago, so the silicone is in my body and could be everywhere by now, my main concern is my hair loss which has become more apparent in the last 3 months, I have a replacement booked on 21st January 2012, but I am currently researching into the damage and long term health affects concerned with silicone loose in the body and in the lymph nodes? No-one will tell me what the symptoms or affects of having silicone in the lymph nodes they just say they need to be removed?? I am so scared that this is whats causing the joint pain and hair loss? Many thanks.
Hello, Just want to tell you I have had silicone in my breast and chest area since 1984, developed a lot of scar tissue around some of the granulomas. I never have had hair loss or joint pain. Hope every tthing goes well for you.
Reesy - can I ask how the implant ruptured and why you didn't do anything about it 2 years ago? Sorry for the questions .. just want to keep myself updated on everything as I just had silicones put in. For my next one I think I'm going to go with saline!
Hi There so sorry as I have only just re-visited this site. I had no idea my implants had ruptured, all I knew was that they were very hard, uncomfortable and looked horrendous! I went to the hospital as I found a small hard lump in my arm pit and a mamagram showed nothing, so I was sent for an ultra sound which was when I was told that my right breast had ruptured and had possibly leaked silicone into my lymph nodes. I then booked in for my second operation. This was February last year. My Surgeon confirmed that BOTH implants were intact when removed and had not ruptured as previously thought. It was the scar tissue around the implant which was causing all the problems. For the first 6 months my new implants were great, very soft and natural looking. However I now have the same problem with scar tissue but only in my right breast, to be honest its still not as bad as before and they look more natural and are still softer than they were, its just a shame that it has happened again, but my surgeon did warn that it was highly likely to happen again. So at least he was honest with me, at the time my concern was that they had ruptured so I had them replaced for that reason, but I am happier with the result. As it stand my right breast it harder and more pert than the left but not to a point that you would notice by looking. As for the hair loss etc.. all in my head it would seem!!
Hi I just want to say I know your post is old you will prob never read it or may have already found the answers you were looking for, but thanks for sharing your experience and I'm sorry you are going through so much with your health.Hopefully you will/have gotten better.Ever since I decided I would get implants I have done extensive research on silicone poisoning and health effects on implants in general. Most practicing surgeons will not tell you the truth about implants and the link between implants and autoimmune disorders as well as neurological problems.That's because a PS makes a good portion of there money off BA.Also colleagues in the medical field fear reprisal if they speak out about it.Those kind of symptoms may be lupus. Your body is probably full of inflammation due to the silicone that leaked into the nodes.Silicone in the lymph nodes can cause lots of joint pain by itself. I read about some ladies developing lupus after implants and having an Aunt with Lupus I know it can make you lose your hair and have great joint pain and feeling tired all the time sometimes having trouble breathing and loss of mental clarity.I'm no Dr. but from what I have read up on I would think your problems are related to the silicone.I hope you can find a Dr. that will take your concerns serious and give you some professional answers but at the days end you know your body better than them whatever they say. Trust your own gut feeling.Maybe you should think about having them explanted and not replaced for awhile just to see if some of the symptoms clear up? I read a forum where many women got better after that. Lots of them decided to not replace even though some of them had deformed breasts after. You can always get them replaced later if you want. Here are a few things for you to google and cx out hope it is of some help: Google :MEMOIR OF A JUNK SCIENTIST by Bernard M. Patten , MD, FACP, FRSM Also I found many forums online by women that have suffered from problems. and have been monitored but the medical field has down played the implants being the issue..even saline is problematic for many women... I am still on the fence even though I have learned about the dangers... I worry about my health but another part of me still wants to have it done. IDK ibut reading stories like your own make me think I'm completely vain to still want nice boobs knowing there's a chance I could end up sick. But I guess I'm just hoping mine is one of the happy endings.
you are right she will probably not see it, but it sooooo true these ps do not tell it like it is because first of all we all know they would lose a great deal of outcome if they tell their patients the truth, another reason is because the.FDA til this day denies that implants can cause problems and they tell everyone that the new silicone implants are safer than ever, which is not true. You should check out my review, and open those links about several women who got sick and had the same symptoms and had implants. I just don't think its a coincidence. Also you can read the book The truth about breast implants and you should watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzeoeUZpVJY&feature=youtube_gdata_player of course only if you are interested, I hope you find the courage to decide to explant some day before you ever get serious complications