Problems After Septo-rhinoplasty for Asymmetrical Nostrils

Hi. First of all, I'm from Belgium, so I hope I...

Hi. First of all, I'm from Belgium, so I hope I don't write too many mistakes. I had septo-rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago (the cast came off 3 days ago). The reason I went to an ENT was because of asymmetrical nostrils. I didn't have a breathing problem however. It was mainly esthetical.

After surgery, the ENT told me he had to break my nose! Apparently during manipulation of the nostrils, a huge bump appeared on the bridge. So he broke it to straighten it.

Now, I'm 2 weeks post-op and I'm very depressed. My nostrils are still asymmetrical. One is very large. And I have a lot of swelling, especially on the tip. It's also an uneven swelling. The area above my right nostril is a lot more swollen and the skin above the nostril is 'hanging'. So not only are my nostrils asymmetrical, the whole tip of the nose is.

Minimal pain. Chose the procedure because of esthetical reasons (asymmetrical nostrils), no breathing problems however. Minimal bruising. An awful lot of swelling, especially on the tip.

My nostrils are still asymmetrical. One is very large. And I have a lot of swelling, especially on the tip. It's also an uneven swelling. The area above my right nostril is a lot more swollen and the skin above the nostril is 'hanging'. So not only are my nostrils asymmetrical, the whole tip of the nose is. Is this normal? Or is it because of the swelling? It also looks like my nose is a lot shorter than before. The space between the tip and my upper lip is a lot larger. And I have a breathing problem. When I sniff my nose, the right nostril seems to stick and close inside. Could you please give me some advise? Thanks a lot in advance! -- Updated Jan 13, 2010 -- I had rhinoplasty in september and am now considering buying a red baby quasar (home light therapy) for skin problems. Can I use this device on my nose or will it harm the healing? Thanks.

Hi KozzMozz,

These related threads might help answer some of your questions:

Asymmetrical nostrils after septorhinoplasty?

Asymmetrical nostrils after Rhinoplasty