Rhinoplasty Left Me with a Bump Inside my Nose

I had a nose job (Rhinoplasty) 2years ago. After a...

I had a nose job (Rhinoplasty) 2years ago. After a year I noticed that A small bump appeared inside my nose where they did the incision and insert the silicon inside. (I'm not really sure if it's called silicon or something). All Throughout that years the small bump either bleed or its always wet and I had to carry a tissue with me to wipe it everywhere I go.

Now this is 2009. That bump started to disappear. But then I notice a white thing stuck on that same place where I had the bump. I tried to peak inside my nose and I really saw a white hard thing coming out from where I had the incision. My guess is, it is the silicon itself that is starting to come out.

Can anybody tell me what it is and would it do any damage to my nose? Is it really possible that the silicon itself would come out of the skin?? It also bleeds sometimes. It doesn't hurt though but I'm really worried. How does a surgical clinic charge for a check-up? And how much does it usually cost? I hope someone can answer my question and I would appreciate any referral for a good surgeon that doesn't cost a lot.

Updated on Jul 21, 2009

Had a Rhinoplasty 2years ago and now the silicon was exposed and is coming out of my nose. Want to have it remove as soon as possible but I'm not sure how much it would cost me here in US since I had to done in Asia and it's way cheaper there. How much does a removal of a previous Rhinoplasty cost? No other operation need just removal of the Silicon.

Very far

Seems like the silicone is extruding. This is a complication that is not uncommon when non-cartilage implants are used. Removing it would not be overly expensive. However, I might recommend having a cartilage graft from the ear placed at the same time. It won't be as dramatic as the silicone, but will give you a result that is somewhere in the middle. Just another option to consider. Good luck
Hi, Thanks for this update. Well I was thinking of just getting rid of the implants right now. Maybe I'll ask about the same procedure like yours too. Thanks for letting me know appreciate it.

hi alicia, i also experienced the same thing with my silicon implant,. mine was exposed and oozing pus for almost a year and the implant was deviated as well.. i went back to my surgeon and he re-shaped the implant and stitched it back then gave me antibiotics for a week, but after a while the infection is back. due to the infection i went to another surgeon and was told that antibiotics cannot infiltrate the infection so my implant had to be removed and my ear cartilage was used instead,. now im 1month and a week post op still on recovery.. silicone implants in my opinion looks a lot better since its straight and makes a perfect shape tho it looks hard and stiff but the complications are scary. graft from ones own body is better and safe and the aesthetic success depends on a good communication with the doc about what you want ur nose to specifically look like since the surgeon will work as if solving a puzzle hence the doctor's skills and experience is important. i hope this helps.