Swollen Tip and Hump After Open Rhinoplasty

Always hated the shape of my nose and finally...

Always hated the shape of my nose and finally decided to have it reduced.

Surgery went well--I did not experience any pain or complications and my surgeon was very professional and caring.

Very upset with the fact that I have yet to notice the results in the hump and that the tip appears to be changing back after almost a month.

I have undergone an open rhinoplasty almost 4...

I have undergone an open rhinoplasty almost 4 weeks ago. I was looking to reduce the hump on the nasal bridge and correct the supratip. My cast was removed after 7 days, and I could immediately see the difference in the tip, but my bridge looked as if it had not been altered at all. If anything, it appears larger. In my concerns, I e-mailed my surgeon who assured me that the hump had been removed and that it is likely just swelling, but it feels hard as bone and has not changed in size since the cast came off. I am so worried that this is permanent. Also now, almost 3 weeks after the cast came off, my tip appears to have returned to it's original bulbous form. Is this normal? I can feel that there is swelling here, but over the past two weeks it seems to be gradually returning to it's original form. Will this go away? I am just so distressed, as it has been almost a month after my surgery and I still do not see any difference or improvement in my nose at all. Is it still to early to tell? Will the bony hump disappear in time? I have done everything my surgeon has instructed to ensure proper healing, and am just so upset that I do not see any improvement yet.

Could you tell me who your surgeon was please? Thanks a lot!
My hump has yet to go down, but it has gone down slighly which is noticable but stil see a prominent hump:(
did ur hump when dow i have the same problem i have 1 1/2 month n i still have a hump or bump on my nose my surgeron toll me that is normal and it will take 3 to 4 month 2 go down
I'm over three months and mine isn't gone.
I'm in my 2 weeks post-operative rhinoplasty to bring down a prominent hump. So far my hump has gone down according to my family, but to me it looks as though it is the same, perhaps this could be swelling, and should go down but i am scared. I've undergone septoplasty last year could this be a limiting factor to my rhinoplasty recovery? what is translocational dorsum... method is this method envasive?
I had a nose job 4 wks ago and although my nose is smaller it still has a hump and i hate my profile. I too am so scared that my nose is just stuck this way. The tip of my nose seems not to be swollen so im wondering why the hump is since the tip is supposed to heal last. worst of all my doctor has me massaging it and its very controversial to what most doctors on here are saying. everyones stories are the only thing keeping me going. im so embarresed to be seen cuz i told everyone how excited i was to get my nose job only for them to see me and i still look practically the same. who knows what there thinking. ughhhh
Has the hump gone down now??? I had my rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago and I am worried about my hump too(doctor keeps saying its a swelling).
I'm a little over 2 months now and mine has hardly gone down at all. It feels like bone and it's pretty evident that even if it does shrink it's still not going to be gone like I had asked. My surgeon is conveniently too busy to see me for another three months so I have no idea if this is part of the healing process or not, but it doesn't look very promising in my opinion. I'm freaking out and relatively angered by the sudden lack of help on my surgeon's part. I paid a lot for this yet I look exactly the same and can't even see my surgeon about my concerns. I think that I should be seeing something at 2 months. This is ridiculous. Where you're still only at 2 weeks, I'd say give it time. It could be swelling. It sounds like some people have more luck than others with this stuff, and remember that everyone heals differently. I know that bone tends to calcify at the fracture site as a part of healing, so maybe that is what you're seeing. (This is what I'm hoping for for myself, too). The problem with this website is that there are a lot of different recommendations and different times suggested before one sees a significant change by the doctors. Some things I have read have made me feel a little at ease, others have me worried sick that I just paid a lot of money for a bad procedure. I know it's hard to remain patient, (it has been extremely difficult for me, anyway), but in time yours may go down. Good luck.