Septorhinoplasty to Remove Hump, Straight Septum, Make Tip Smaller/narrower

Pros: better profile, more confidence, smaller...

pros: better profile, more confidence, smaller nose, better shape,
cons: swelling in first week, expense!

I did it because i wanted to improve my confidence, I have always disliked the shape and size of my nose.

I had a septorhinoplasty 3 weeks ago to remove hump, straighten the septum, and make the tip smaller and narrower.

The op went well and I am really pleased with the results so far. The tip is still a little big but I understand it is early days and there is still some swelling.

The thing im worried about is, I had the cast off and stitches removed from my collumela by my surgeon and all was fine, I went home and as the days passed and swelling inside my nose reduced, I realised i had annoying blue knots up one of my nostrils, I had an appointment with a nurse at the clinic 2 wks post op, so i asked her about it, she said she thought dissolvable stitches were usually white not blue. So she looked, and she snipped the knots off, saying the surgeon maybe forgot to remove them, now i just have a thread at the back of my nostril and a tiny bit of thread at the very front just up inside my nostril, she left these as when she tried to pull them out, it hurt too much and "pulled" on the other side of my nose!

Help!?

After reading up on the internet about blue stitches, I have read that the one at the front is to hold the cartilages together, and thats what makes the tip narrower, and that these blue stitches dissolve within 6 months. Now im worried that the nurse shouldn't have snipped the knot as they obviously need to be in there for 6 mths?! I hope the cartilages don't now "move back apart making my tip wider again?!!! Help!?
If the suture was blue it was probably a prolene suture which is not dissolvable. I sculpt the tip using sutures inthe cartilage themselves and you don't even see the knots. If your rhinoplasty was done with an open approach in all probability this was a remaining suture which was missed. If you are that concerned by all means call your plastic surgeon so you don't lose any more sleep over this. Steven Schuster MD FACS