Restylane Not So Great for Smile Lines (47 Y/o)

I am 47 and I've been thinking about this for a...

I am 47 and I've been thinking about this for a couple of years. I visted one Dermatologist who prefers Radiesse and told me that to just inject the NL folds or smiles lines without addressing some of the fat loss in cheeks, tends to drag down the mouth more. I thought that was a line and a ploy to suck mre $$ out of me.

I then went to a well known Cosmetic Surgeon. He was offering $200 off all injectibles so I thought why not? I had Restylane in the smile lines as my NL folds are not deep or that long but the smle lines bothered me. I bruised unbelievably on one side. Black bruise the size of a nickel. Didn't read up on stopping aspirin prior. Okay, bruises go away.

It will be a week Monday and it is just weird. I have two lumpy strips on either side of my mouth and my pimples (yep, the other thing I didn't read and he didn't tell me even though we discussed my breakouts at length) seem to just be distorting one entire side. I have cystic acne and I have had a lot of breakouts around the mouth. There were a couple of smaller, older but still fading csysts and now it is just a mess.

I am going to chalk this up to "well known cosmetic surgeon" or not, his injecting skills maybe not so hot and perhaps the other guy was right. If this doesn't improve in another week I am going back to get it disolved. Quite disappointed.