Asymmetrical Lumps After Radience in Lips

I had lost some volume in my lips and wanted to...

I had lost some volume in my lips and wanted to bring them back to thier youthful fullness.

It has been 5 years and I still have lumps. Radiance from what I was informed would go away by now so not sure what it is inside.

Is there a facial plastic surgeon in the Los Angeles area that has had any experience and success in removing Radiance? I had my lips injected in 2004, now have asymmetrical lumps.

Radiesse I am told by my RN is not meant for lips. Hyouronic Acid is better. Ask your Dr. about using that instead. It is common for lumps for form on the inside of the mouth but those will go away with gentle massage over a few days to a week or two. I had that same issue too. It's fine now.

Hi Emmano,

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you've had.

If you haven't already, check out our Los Angeles doctor directory for board-certified physicians who might be able to help you. I have heard some doctors advise excision of lumps and others who take a wait and see approach.

There are a few other RealSelfers who are dealing with Radiesse in their lips as well. Perhaps you could network with them to find out what they're doing to get rid of it? I found these two:

Radiesse nightmare, ruined my nose, lips, face!! =(

Radiesse, lumpy lips

Good luck and I hope you find the right doctor to help you. Please keep us posted with how you're doing.

Best wishes,
--Sharon

Sharon, I think the woman talking about the filler in her lips used "Radiance," not "radiesse." Isn't there a filler out there called radiance? I think there is, not sure, in which case....it might be a filler that you CAN use in lips. Not sure though!
Dr Simon Ourian

The doctor is not a facial plastic surgeon.Not sure if it was Radiance or a mixture with Silicone or somthing else. Radiance is not recommended for lips.