Smart Lipo with Vaser on Abdomen and Flanks

I came out of the operating room five hours ago....

I came out of the operating room five hours ago. The surgeon used Vaser and followed with Smart Lipo. The difference even with swelling is very pleasing. I am mid-thirties male with wife and kids. I struggled with the idea of having lipo as a man but finally decided I was sick of my embarrassing belly. I am healthy, in good shape, work out and eat fairly well but could never shake it.

Short of spending five hours a day in the gym and eating like a squirrel, I thought spending five hours in the operating room and a few weeks recovery was the way to finally get rid of my problem areas. {Edited by Sharon: provider information appears above the review for registered users} performed the procedure. He is not a plastic surgeon but a general surgeon and frankly did an excellent job and his wife/nurse assisted and was wonderful.

They called me at home tonight just to check me. Good service. One additional nurse also assisted. They removed 2 liters - equivalent to a 2 liter coke - of fat from me!

I highly recommend this procedure and doctor. Photo's are from immediately after the procedure so I am still swollen.

Updated: July 21, 2009

I had an excellent experience and 80 days Post Op look like a new man! I am very satisfied and would do it again in a heart beat

Should the area around my pelvic region below the belly button been treated as part of Smart/Lipo with Vaser or is that area not able to be treated? Though it's only something I can see with my clothes off sitting in the shower, that area has a "pooch" and the skin is loose. It was clearly not part of the treatment.

I am a little concerned that as I age this area will get more loose and possibly be noticeable when dressed. Should my doctor go back and treat that area at no charge or do I need to pay more to have it done again? This is no slight against my doctor, he did a fantastic job. This part was just not expected and nor a "big deal" overall.

I will ask my doctor at the next appt. but I wanted a Doc's opinion here. If you are doing abdomen and flanks is the pelvic region part of that treatment?
Wow, you look great. From the back, your shoulders are really emphasized. Very nice. Congrats.
You look great!
I would recommend going to a board certified "Plastic Surgeon" not a General Surgeon who learned this procedure at a weekend course. This surgeon has no formal training in cosmetic surgery and is not allowed to do these procedures in a hospital. I am a board certified plastic surgeon and do traditional tumescent liposuction. Smart Lipo is a more expensive alternative type of liposuction, but not a procedure that is going to give you a better result.
Dr. Craig Bozeman

I look much better! No complaints.