Prolonged Redness Under Eyes After Active FX/Blepharoplasty

Hello,I am male, skin type II, and on day 17...

Hello,

I am male, skin type II, and on day 17 post-procedure for lower lid trans-conjunctival blephoraplasty with full face Active FX. I healed well from both procedures with the exception of my under eye area where I am experiencing intense residual redness that has faded minimally.

I learned after the procedure that my under-eyes were lasered at a higher setting that the remainder of my face. My MD has suggested that the under-eye redness I am experiencing is unique, despite the higher setting and should be resolved by now. Today I started a Medrol Dose Pak.

Again, the remainder of my face treated with Active FX healed fine with positive results.

My questions are as follows: How abnormal is this redness? Is this erythema or am I simply growing new layers of skin as a result of the deeper intensity of the laser? If so, how long before this fades? How do I know if I am scarring and looking at some kind of permanent event? The redness is very noticeable and I would never have done this if I had been told I would need over 3 weeks to recover.

Pre-procedure information insufficient. It was supposed to be a walk in the park. The down-time and resulting anxiety related to my healing progress has put me through hell. I am now facing the possibility of returning to work as a guy wearing makeup...nice.