Post-op Rhinoplasty - Too Soon to Tell

Pros: I am still waiting to determine this. I am...

Pros: I am still waiting to determine this. I am only 6 days postop. Hopefully, the pros will be that I will have an improved appearance.

Cons: Worrying about infection. Cost. I did it to help improve my appearance and give me more confidence.

I am worried about infection. I am 6 days postop from Open Rhinoplasty surgery. I am taking Keflex twice daily. However, I missed one dose by accident. The last couple of days the tip of my nose is a pinkish red color. The incisions do not look reddened though. The only drainage from my nose I've had is pink tinged, clear, or a slightly yellowish color. My nose is not hurting but it has a tingling achy feel. I do not have a temperature. I still have my splint/dressing on, and I go back to the doctor in two days to have it removed. I am just wondering if I should try to see him sooner if there could be a possiblity of infection? Or is it normal for the nose to be a little red following rhinoplasty?

Looking for a Philadelphia board-certified surgeon whose specialty is Rhinoplasty with successful experience with african americans.
so far my experience has been good. I just got my splint off monday. my profile looks really good, but from the front I hope that it is too soon to tell. it looks just as wide as it did before and a little weird. I'm 1 1/2 weeks postop so I know there is a lot of swelling to go down. I will update you later if you want? My doctor said at 3 weeks I should look much better.
please update! lemme know the name of the doc you used...it seems a little expensive but i am willing to pay for good work

I had a good experience with my doctor in...

I had a good experience with my doctor in everything except my results. The reason I gave him a 3 star rating is due to Aesthetics. Before having surgery by Dr. Siegel I had a consultation with another doctor in Houston that had a different idea of what should be done to my nose. I cannot tell you how many times since my surgery I wish that I would have went with the other doctor. I think my nose would have looked much better if I had. I wanted my nose to be slimmer. That was why I went to see a plastic surgeon in the firstplace. I felt like the bridge was too wide and also my nares were too wide when I smiled. Dr. Siegel disagreed with the fact that my nares were too wide, but he felt like my nose was turned up to far so he wanted to pull the tip down and narrow the bridge. The bridge of my nose post-op turned out fine, but that is the only thing. The tip of my nose blanches now when I smile because the cartilage there is hard and pointed. Since the tip of my nose is now pulled down but my nares are still wide when I smile it looks like I am sneering in all of my pictures. I am always too embarrassed to have my picture taken now. The other doctor I had the other consultation with was more expensive, and Dr. Siegel had me convinced that I didn't need an alarplasty or graft added to the tip of my nose. So I went with Dr. Siegel and have regretted it for the last 4 years. I would love to have a revision, but I am worried that the result would not be any better and the cost is too much. I had been saving for that surgery for awhile.

Also, the tip of my nose looks much different on...

Also, the tip of my nose looks much different on my left profile than it does on my right profile. I now have a good side and a bad side.

Thanks for sharing! We'd love to see your before and after photos so we can visualize what you're describing.

I posted an update to my review.
I have not been back on this board since my last posting. Sorry to not update. I don't know if you are still interested in knowing, but the doctor I used was Dr. Michel Siegel.
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon