Painful Chest After Double Mastectomy and Implant Reconstruction

I had a double mastectomy with reconstruction...

I had a double mastectomy with reconstruction using teardrop silicone implants 12 days ago.

I decided to have this surgery as I am a BRCA2 mutation carrier. I have already been treated for a triple negative tumor and did not wnat to repeat the treatment in the future. My mom also had the surgery earlier this year so I knew what to expect.

All was well until I woke up 3 days ago laying on my side, arms crossed with chest pain and I felt as though the implants were out of place. Now I have pain in the center of my chest when I breath or move. I also feel like the imlants are scratching my chest wall, which my doctor says is normal. Could the implants have shifted during my sleep so that they are out of place? If so, how do I go about figuring this out? With a scan?

There was a question posted in our Q&A section that asked about shifting of silicone breast implants. However, I do want to say that I believe (not sure) the doctors gave answers from the perspective of this being an augmentation as opposed to a reconstruction. You can click here to read the doctors answers.

I do hope the information will be somewhat helpful, and if not you are certainly welcome to post your own question in the Q&A section asking about your specific condition.