Rhinoplasty & Septoplasty to Improve Breathing and Appearance

I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty done at the...

I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty done at the same time 8 weeks ago to improve my breathing and to improve the appearance of my nose.

My doctor had my nose taped for the first 3 weeks after my splint was removed. He told me I didn't need to tape my nose anymore after that. The right side of my nose is more swollen, or uneven in one area towards the front, near the tip. I have very thick skin towards the front of my nose and I had a somewhat bulbous nose and I had a lot of skin at the tip taken off.

I had an apointment 4 days ago and he injected something into the problem area on the right side of my nose that he said would help the swelling and help mold it, and then he taped me up and then instructed me to continue taping my nose daily, or as often as I could, until my next visit with him in another 4 weeks.

I would say the only con I have had has been having to wait for the swelling to go down. It's hard being patient.

Does taping the nose after rhinoplasty really help swelling and molding of the nose? I just want some other Dr. opinions on whether or not taping is really going to help any at this point, or if it ever did help. It's been a little over 7 weeks since I had my splint taken off, and I feel like my nose looks pretty much the same at 7 weeks as it did at 3 weeks. I'm not seeing any changes. I'm going to follow his instructions and tape my nose, and while I trust my doctor, I'm just getting impatient I guess. I thought my nose would look good by now, good enough for post-op pictures, but it's not. My doctor usually takes post-op pictures at 6 weeks, and I'm past that point already.

He specializes in rhinoplasty. He's triple board certified. His post-op pictures of his patients are impressive. He is known to be one of the best rhinoplasty surgeons in the state. He spends a lot of time with each patient.

Hey who was your doctor. If you don't feel comfortable please message me. Because I have a consultation Im from modesto to. Thanks alot.
Hi, I went to Dr. Richard Clark. His office is in Sacramento. You can check out his website at bodybeauty.com. The phone number for his office is (916) 925-3912. Highly recommend him.