Challenging but Worth It (Age 29)

I am 29 yrs old and am on tray 11 of 13. The...

I am 29 yrs old and am on tray 11 of 13. The results so far have been good and my teeth actually look better with the aligners in than without :) because it makes the gaps disappear and look more uniform. They also make my teeth look whiter..!

When I first got the trays, the first few days are the WORST and it's hard to get used to. I was regretting my decision at first. It is pretty painful b/c your teeth are moving and it feels like a vice grip on your jaw. But the pain subsides with a day or 2 and ibuprofen really helps. When I switch aligner trays after 2 weeks, I always do so in the evening with an ibuprofen, and I am fine. I also found the using a nail file on the buttons to make then smoother really helps. They were so sharp initially when I took the trays out, that I was getting big sores in my mouth. I smoothed them down slightly with a file and I got BIG RELIEF. It seems gross but so worth it!

Eating is a challenge when they have to removed each time. But a person gets used to it and it's great hygiene to brush 5x a day. It makes my dentist visits so easy! Speech is slightly impaired with certain syllables - like 'F' & 'V's, but it's not major. I would choose invisalign any day over traditional braces. Plus the chair time at the ortho is minimial. Every 8 weeks makes for only a handful of visits and they are super quick.

If you have ortho insurance through your dental plan, it will typically cover some of this treatment. Mine paid for half and I got a discount for paying cash with my ortho, so the cost wasn't bad at all. I would recommend finding an ORTHODONTIST versus a DENTIST for better results. Look on Invisalign website for one - especially a Premier Provider that has lots of experience.

I will need permanent retainers to keep my teeth in place afterwards but should be much easier than the trays. Overall I would recommend this for adults as an alternative to wire braces!

You said it was worth it, but it has thumbs down haha

See invisalign website for ortho's close to you