Microderm Felt Great and Left Skin Nice, but You Have to Keep at It....

I went to a spa a couple of years ago for a treat...

I went to a spa a couple of years ago for a treat to myself. I had microderm on 2 separate occasions and was happy with the results. I did not continue the treatments due to cost and the recommended frequency. I would definitely do it again were cost not a factor.

The first time I did just my face, the second time I did face and neck (price was a bit higher) I would definitely keep at it if cost were not a factor. Microderm is intended to basically be a deep exfoliation, not a cure all.

Microdermabrasion (often referred to as Microderm) is a family of cosmetic procedures popular in day spas, doctors' practices, and medical spas in which the stratum corneum (dead outermost surface of the skin) is partially or completely removed by light abrasion, to remove sun-damaged skin and to remove or lessen scars and dark spots on the skin.

The procedure is not very painful and requires no anaesthetic. Microdermabrasion can be used medically for scar removal when the scar is raised above the surrounding skin, but is less effective with sunken scars. There is very little, if any, evidence that microdermabrasion stimulates collagen formation.

icrodermabrasion can also be used for treatment of acne, but must be repeated periodically to be effective. Microdermabrasion should not be used on patients who have taken the medication Accutane (Isotretinion) in the previous twelve months. The following explains microderm and what you should expect.

Different methods include mechanical abrasion from jets of zinc oxide or aluminum oxide crystals, fine organic particles, or a roughened surface. Particles are removed with a wand/handpiece through which the abrasive particles come. [1] The term dermabrasion itself refers to the more severe medical procedure carried out under general or light anesthesia.

Jaross Salon and Day Spa

I was satisfied with the technicians and there apparent knowledge of the deice and what to expect. The atmosphere was pleasant and the staff catered to my needs. Overall pleasant experience.

I have a microdermabraision once a month, I have very oily skin and I get build up, so Micro's are my only hope and my skin has come a long way since using micro.