My Major Hematoma Nightmare

Hi Im 18 years old and a couple of months ago I...

Hi Im 18 years old and a couple of months ago I had Breast Augmentation, which turned out to be a complete nightmare.

I did years of research on finding the expensive and the best top surgeon in Manila, money was no problem as long as nothing happened to me.

The first week with the implants was ok, mild pain, I could even do shopping the 3 or 4th day after the surgery. I lost 40 lbs. and my breasts began to sag and was not proportioned to my large frame. Doctor recommended 400ml because I had a large frame.

After a week and a half of with the implants (Silicon 400ml) my right breast was suddenly and shockingly inflated into the size of a coconut, which was scary and extremely painful, it happened all too sudden. I was rushed to the hospital, I decided to have both removed. The blood was about to explode out of my newly stitches breast. I lost a lot of blood, they had to give me a blood transfusion with 3 bags. I was told that I had a hematoma. One of my veins was almost ripped apart, but is better now.

My question is that will revision surgery be much more risky or much safer? Will I have to choose a lower size next time? Was it the doctors fault? How many percent do you will his happen again?
Beverly Hills Medical Group Paseo de Roxas St. Manila Philippines

Hello You had a Hematoma it is one of the potential risks of any surgery. it is unfortunate it happened to you The incidence is about 1-3%. and could happen again. You need a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON.