Liposuction/surgery on Chest for Gynecomastia

I recently had gynecomastia surgery/liposuction on...

I recently had gynecomastia surgery/liposuction on my chest area. I traveled all the way across the country because I thought that I had found a doctor that was the best. Now that the surgery is over, and the money is spent, I realize that I made a mistake by going to this doctor.

Anyways, I got the gynecomastia surgery done to remove breast tissue that men do not usually have. The doctor didnt tell me that I needed liposuction on our phone consults/emails. But the day of the surgery, he said that he would have to do it. I didnt really feel it was neccessary but I didnt say no to it.

I had gynecomastia removal along with liposuction on my chest. Anyways, it has been 3 1/2 weeks since the surgery and I have these hard lumps under my skin that feel somewhat painful at times. I contacted the office and the doctor told me that it was scar tissue and that it should go away within 6 months-1 year. My chest looks kinda deformed because of the swelling/scar tissue(?). Will this go away? Sharp pains shoot through that area if I lift anything over 10 lbs.

I felt insecure about my chest and no matter how...

I felt insecure about my chest and no matter how low my bodyfat got, it was still there and made me feel extremely self conscious

New York Plastic Surgeon

The doctor seemed like he didnt care too much during the actual consultation before the surgery and the surgery was very painful because he used only local anesthesia and I could feel the lipo tube going throught my chest and the pain was very intense when it got to my underarm and sternum area.Updated on 9 May 2012:I flew across the country to find this guy because I read a few good reviews, he seemed very knowledgeable and experienced on the operation, and the before/after pictures on his website look great. The biggest reason why I am rating this is how painful the procedure was. He recommended local anesthesia and assured me it would be more than enough to block the pain (as opposed to going under completely, which was way more expensive). Long story short, the operation was extremely painful, with him having to go back and put double the local anesthesia in(those needles are like 8inches long btw, which equaled about 25 deep injections. Then he got to the procedure and I was able to feel everything that was happening. I was about to pass out from the pain and he wasn't empathetic or comforting at all. THEN he says that a little bit of liposuction around certain areas of my chest needed to be done in order for it to look good and symmetrical (which he explicitly said wasn't necessary when I first started corresponding with him. This is where it got really bad. I could feel the canula going 8-10inches in my chest around 30+ times in a very quick push/pull method. Looking back, I can't believe I made it out of the operating room conscious. Towards the end, he had to stitch the nipple back to chest. He used this machine that felt like a blow torch to cauterize the bleeding. He left a very noticeable scar on my right nipple and only gave me 5mg of hydrocodone which BARELY took the edge off. I remember sitting in the waiting room after the procedure in a state of complete shock, I couldn't even talk. Needless to say I was in pain for a long time. A few days after the surgery, I tapped my chest lightly (near sternum but to the side) and I could hear this squishing sound like there was a hematoma in there which freaked me out so I emailed them. A week later no response so I emailed again and finally got a response saying it was normal. All in all, it healed up as best as it could given the circumstances BUT I would NOT recommend Dr. Blau to my worst enemy. It truly was a traumatic experience

dont worry it will go away.....it is part of healing. As I am writing this comment....My left chest feel like I have a bar of soap under it,hard like a rock! dont worry...
So so sad! I almost shed a tear reading your post. Thank God you made it alive! Wow!
I think you are dead wrong. I didn't use Dr Blau for my surgery bc he was too expensive. A friend of mine went to Dr Blau and his chest looks likes Arnold Schwarzenegger. Yes he is in great shape but his gyno was prominent, which caused his nipples to protrude. I wish I had gone to Dr Blau but couldn't afford his prices. My mistake.
Who was the doctor??