Five Years Later-best Decision Ever - La Jolla, CA

It is a bit over 5 yrs ago that I had a lower-body...

It is a bit over 5 yrs ago that I had a lower-body lift and tummy tuck. Please know this is MAJOR surgery.

Do not look for the best deal look for the best Doctor. I met with him several times, talked with others he had worked on and asked many questions and had them all answered.

The one thing I did wrong was not rest like he told me. This created abdominal swelling and an impacted colon. OUCH I stopped talking the pain medication and realized really quickly exactly what I could and could not do.

The medication made me feel good to go and I really over did it at first. When I started resting like I was told I started to heal pretty quick. Five years later there is still numbness around the scar-that is normal. My c-section scar still itches and my son is 20.

At about 3 years I had a tattoo artist put vines and flowers around my waist to cover up all scars. I would say it took about a year to be able to work out really hard. You don't want to pull at the scars-besides getting pregnant with my son this would be the second best thing I decided to do.

I certainly would not have done this is I was planning on having another child-you would ruin the work and the scar area is weak and I would not want to go through this again.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

He may have retired but he is calm-an artist-answers everything and won't touch you if you don't meet the requirments. He does not need your money.

I guess they have to OK the photos-I dont have before as I would not want that-the after gives you an idea of what you can do to hide the scars.
Would love to see the tattoo. I thought about doing the same thing when my tummy tuck scar is properly healed.
pics?