There is no bone on the bridge

Had rhinoplasty 8yrs ago but it was not successful...

Had rhinoplasty 8yrs ago but it was not successful as doctor was not fully qualified since its fee was affordable. Last month and a week had a revision. Not sure whether results are for the better or worse. It has been 5weeks since surgery.

There are 3 concerns which are worrying:

1- From the front view the nose seem to have a large ball attached to its tip like a clown. From one side it is more swowlen than the other side. Doctor said that he opened one nostril as it was collaped. Will that ball disappear or will it remain like that?

2-The doctor said that nose profile was reduced (about2mm). It looks like a piggy nose as it seems to be shorter. Is it swelling that is giving it this impression? Can its length be brought back by revision?

3-Told the doctor to fill the gaps at the bridge. He said that he brought the bones at the bridge close together. As a result, the is no visible bones at the bridge.
Is it due to swelling as the bones will be visible again? If bones are removed, can thy be brought back?

4-Overall, Do you like the new nose? and do you think that it will get better? Do you think that it will get better than the before pics?

Started smoking again:(am not doing good, am I?

Told doctor to correct a previuos surgery. Also...

Told doctor to correct a previuos surgery. Also asked him to fill in the gaps in the bridge and correct it. As a result he said that he squeezed the bones. The photo taken 3weeks and a half after surgery shows and there are no bones.

There was a rapid consultation due to time restrictions.

hi , i don't think that your after picture looks bad. leave it alone for now and stop messing with it. the swollowing will decrease. stay positive and give yourself time. it really doesn't look bad at all.
thank you lucy...to be honest the nose was wide with a bulbous tip and it got reduced...however, I regret that I told the surgeon to fill the upper third of the bridge and as a result he brought/narrowed the upper 3rd of the bridge and the nose looks like a bell. Lost that upper 3rd wide Maltese look like beyonce, if you know what I mean. However, many thanks for yr feedback..I do appreciate.:)
Hi I had rhinoplasty earlier this year so I understand your panic. Firstly I think that your before nose was nice and you should have left it, but since you have, it is too late. From your pics I can see that you have alot of swelling, honestly, you really have to wait atleast 6 months for the swelling to go down for you can decide about the nose. Moving the bridge out again is tricky and most docs won't do it, they will charge you money to put grafts in to make the bridge appear wider. Hope this helps! Stay positive :-)

After 9 years of a primary rhinoplasty I wanted to...

After 9 years of a primary rhinoplasty I wanted to have my columella split again. 20 surgeons told me that they could nt do it but I went on a forum and a surgeon, known as a specialist, told me that he could help me and directed me to his patient coordinator/secretary. Paid 250 US Dollars in advance to reserve the operating room. Travelled all the way to Beverlyhills and while there his secretary or patient coordinator got a customer before my turn. Dr took my pictures nd told me I had a lot to be done, which in my opinion I was never bothered about or took notice-nd he could nt split the columella again. Feel that consultation was brief and Dr told me to discuss procedures nd outcomes with his patient coordinator since the office was about to close. She (patient coordinator) did nt discuss procedures etc..but how I should pay them, and she told me to ask the dr on the early morning before surgery. She said she "has kids waiting at home" and told me to hurry in signing papers. Being a Europen, not used to signing, I signed in a rush as she told me., including a paper saying that "I had enough time to discuss it". Note that surgery was scheduled the following early morning. Had trust in the dr as he is well known, in fact even video clips on youtube of happy girls I saw they praised him. I was alone, in the US:(-practically defenceless! I wanted to explore the US, mainly California not having a major Rhinoplasty:(

In a brief summary, not mentioning all other misfortunes, was ok with the nose but now has changed. He said I have a deviated septum. Did I from pics? He said had an obstruction at the left and I denied it as I never suffered from it neither have family history of nose blockage-but he did procedure. After surgery I can feel a carved small piece of cartilage at my right nostril which does not allow flaps to be fully open and as a result breathing from the right is not 100% effective. Also, cartilage and skin from nostril flaps were chopped off nd he did nt inform me of the removal. Told him I do not like particular things but he told me to consult his patient consultant but this did nt happen. They charged me 20,000K.

Now what is done is done. Am sorry, but cannot say his name on this forum.

What is your opinion-Revision surgery was done on the 8th September, 2009:

1-Was there the need for a rhinoplasty from the before pics?

2-From the previous brief summary, do you think this is unfair or they stole my money in a polite way?

4-Does the new nose look ok?

5-Doctor said the nose is still in the process to heal; revision was done on the 8th September. Do you think that it will get better?

6-He said that he can do another revision (dnt know how I can pay); should I trust him and go to him again? What shall I do? Dr said it is one of the greatest jobs he did and the one of the nicest outcomes he obtained...should I believe him?

7-Do you think a revision can help? or there is no need for a revision?

Dear Nicky, I believe you are analyzing everything a bit deeper than necessary. I do not know of this timing issue you speak of, as I just sent a friendly post to make an attempt to connect with you as a prior patient. Please accept the statements I am making in reference to my post surgery experience as valid and accurate, and I can prove that to you with photos of my surgery. You wondered why I did not have a profile. I have not gone through the process of registering simply because I have been busy with school as I am studying science courses and it takes up a great deal of my time. I had initially written to you to try and share my experience, and mention that I had similar worries about swelling, as I can relate to your concerns. In fact, at one point, it consumed my thought process and I could not focus on other tasks. I was very distracted, and could not be productive, which led me to seek counseling through a physician my family had set me up with. It helped at the time, as I learned to focus on other things. Was this necessary in the end? Probably not, but I am just mentioning this to show how it had affected me at the time. Hang in there, and don't worry so much because it just makes the time go slower, and makes it feel like the issue you are experiencing is lingering, as this is what made me feel unsettled after my operation. But the bottom line is that I couldn't be happier, as it was the best decision I have ever made and changed my life so much for the better. Everything fell into place, it just took a little bit of time. I know where you are coming from, and just wanted to help out. Hope I was able to help put you at ease a bit, feel free to ask me any questions about my procedure.
20,000 K??? Wow thats a lot. Can I ask who this doctor was? Did you ask for a refund? I think your nose looked nice before... It doesn't matter on guys.... even little imperfections just adds character and masculinity. Don't get any more rhinoplasties - you don't want to end up like Michael Jackson!! :)
What I stated here is my opinion and how I feel about my nose. I do not want to give a bad name to the doctor, which I did not mention his name.

Due to paticular circumstances, I am sorry folks...

Due to paticular circumstances, I am sorry folks but I cannot tell you the Doctor's name. The doctor's name might start with an N, an S,an A,a B, a D...everything. Yet your reviews and suggestions about the outcome are well appreciated. Thank you

The doctor has a lawyer which in my opinion made...

The doctor has a lawyer which in my opinion made me feel uncomfortable mentioning the doctor's name so sorry for not disclosing the Doctor's name. So all I can tell is that the doctor's name or last name might start with an N, an S,an A,a B, a D...everything. Yet your reviews and suggestions about the outcome are well appreciated. Thank you

I am 1year post-op. They told me to give it time, and I did. I WAS unhappy with the outcome and friends told me that before was better and REMAINED unhappy with the outcome and friends tell me that before was better. In my opinion, not worth undergoing general anesthetic and not worth all that money. I REGRET it!

Just one more thing. Questions I asked for months ago are information for my purposes and I thank everyone who contributed to help me out in giving me your opinion. Comments stated above are subject to my opinion and no one can forbid me from the right to express myself and no one can forbid me from generating information.
Hi Sandy,

This is my blog for people who would like to post their comment in order to help me. Not to cricise, promote doctors, etc...

I did nt mention names or other information about my past surgeon and I am sorry for those who asked me for the name and I did nt tell them. I dont know why you popped up from no where mentioning DR PN. Secondly your post does not smell right. Why did you write ''PIMARY'' in inverted comas? Is there a message you want to deliver to us all or there was a message you wanted to deliver to FrederickWa. Why posting Frederick after 4 months or more? Why not send him a private message?

Please note that I did not mention names and if I am not clear I will tell you again that no names are mentioned and I make it clear to all that no names are mentioned not even hints to guess about the doctor.

Thirdly, I wanted to conclde my story from this board the way I started it because now I can see the results. And I conclude that in my opinion my surgery was not worth it but it could had been better! Now what is past is gone and in my opinion surgery was not worth it but it could had been better!

Please stop it!!!
Hi N,

I dont know how to send a PM? I just sent Frederick message as he mentioned PN & I dont want to be ripped off. I'm relatively new to this site & enjoy reading all the various threads/comments. Just not been on for ages, but am now seriously considering nose surgery. I just thk my 1st choice surgeon is the same as the one you had. I understand where you're coming from & it seems other people were pussyfooting around trying to 2nd guess - perhaps I put 2&2 together and got 5. I'm just alittle scared to fly into Bev Hills, LA & pay what now appears to be an amount above the LA average (12k). I wish you no malice...

Please note that my concern with this doctor has...

Please note that my concern with this doctor has been positively rewolved. I wish to remove this post but this site is not allowing to do so. Now I am happy with the communication and support between me and the doctor.