Fraxel Laser for Acne Scars on Face - Los Angeles, CA

Hi, I'm sixteen and I got lots of scar! I got...

Hi, I'm sixteen and I got lots of scar! I got all of this scar when I was using Estee Lauder products. The products was make little white head pimple on my skin. Seriously, I never squeeze and scratch with it because someone told me that it will make a scar. All of pimple gone but still leave lots of scar on my cheek! I'm never have acne scar like this before and I felt very nervous when i go outside:(

I wait it for 6 months already but nothing happend so I decide to do Fraxel Laser.

Does it gonna heel my scar or not? - Is it painful? - Does it gonna work for yellow skin colour or not(Asain)? - Do they have another product that work well more then Fraxel? - Does it gonna heel redness ploblems or not? *My cheek right side, If you can see there're 1cm scar that I got from when I was young (accident with mirror). Does Fraxel will heel this kind of scar? I really wanna get rid of it so so so much! I will leave some of my acne scar for you to have a look! Ps. Thank you very very very much for the answers!

Several reputable plastic surgeons have told me that and the manufacturer of the CO2 Fraxel have stated that the laser cannot do anything for the deep ice pick type scars. A small surgery is necessary for those,though there has been some talk of TCA injected in the scar. Lhe laser may help with some shallow wider type scarring. though. Do not pick or needdle the scars.
Hi Pom. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Erbium laser resurfacing. I am also not sure how the Erbium could have caused more scarring as it normally helps to get rid of scars. One thing that's very important when you choose to undertake these procedures is the experience of the person doing the procedure. An Erbium laser resurfacing facility will not be the same at one office as it is at another as the person using the equipment, the settings and the way the procedure is performed will vary.
The only true way to avoid destroyed skin and life is to choose Not to do any amblative laser procedure on face. Even experienced doctors do fail to perform this well on every patient. So i only recommend to stay away. Keep this young person safe. Best regards.
Don't do Erbium Resurfacing!
I did in 07. There isn't one minute i don't think of my skin, I was left with scars all over from resurfacing, I have scars on top of the scars, broken blood vessels, dents, dark patches. I've had Perfecta, Affirm, Fraxel Restore Dual 4 x's, Ipl, needling, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, creams & every natural thing you can think of. It's been over 5 yrs dealing with it. I just had my 6th fraxel restore treatment that seemed to work better than any of the lasers I've had before which leads me to think either the doctors I had before didn't do what this doctor did or it's because I had all those lasers that now it's finally starting to show some progress after the 6th one.?? I'll go for another fraxel restore in the winter. I don't know what type of skin you have or color so I'm just telling you what happen to me, I was supposed to be a good canidate. I just had some scupltra injected into the scars for the deep ones. I'll see how it looks in a month and report back after my second injection if it's worth it. But I would not go for anything anymore that takes skin off your face except weekly exfoiation.Theres a great product called Cure, check it out on youtube. If i was you try needling first. Just on the scar, they have a needle punch that is small for just scars. Needle once a month & in between needling just tap your scars with a tweezer tip or something that has a tip til the scars turn pink to get the blood circulating. If that doesn't work after a yr then check into a laser to build up skin. I can't say which one is best for you but don't do anything that takes the skin off. You could get more scars like I did. Don't worry, to me yours is good, If i posted a picture of me you'd see why thanks to getting the Erbium laser
I do not recommend you any ablative laser procedures (neither CO2, no Erbium). I still suffer from the consequences from CO2 fractional laser procedure that was performed on me 4 months ago. It left me with sag skin texture, more scarring from the laser and pigmentation (even though the settings were not too high as described by the doctor). Lasers are unpredictable. In your case (young person, fresh mild scars, Asian skin type) the best would be chemical peels (AHA) and healthy diet to maintain the results.
I was a little bit apprehensive in getting the Dr Max Powers Scar Serum because of the name (I believed it to be off brand). I have a 14 year old who's face started to break out severally and it left acne scars all over her face. I wanted to get the more expensive name brand acne product but I purchased this @ a good price on sale. We used it as directed "Gently rub into scar 3-4 times per day for 8 weeks on new scars; 3-4 times per day for 3-6 months on existing scars." I could see the difference in her face and about a month later. The downside is that its hard to find in store and we always have to order online, and cant avoid shipping costs. I would use this again if needed. But so far it hasn't been needed. everyone give it a try - it worked for my 14 yr old.

Hi Pom. We currently use Erbium laser resurfacing for acne scars like the ones you have. The difference between our Erbium resurfacing and Fraxel is that Fraxel only resurfaces a portion of the face (20%) whereas Erbium resurfacing is 100%.

Would appreciate some help here; do you leave a gratuity for a laser tx that costs $1000 and is performed by a licensed person in an aesthetic office affiliated with a dermatology center? Other treatments are performed there e.g., facials, peels, etc., by non-licensed persons and a gratuity is certainly appropriate. I want to do the right thing; would appreciate feedback.
Personally if its performed by a dr nurse etc I assume they are salary and thus no tip. Now if I am getting a massage, nails done etc those always get tips.
Depending on which setting the technician has the laser on, Fraxel can be very painful... for scars they have to turn the energy up a lot... so it probably will hurt.... but it may be worth it in the end. I'm not sure if it will benefit your type of skin... you should ask the doctors. click on the "ask the doctors" button and post a question.