Lipotherme on Neck/chin with Minimal Results So Far (3 Weeks)

I was fortunate to get lipotherme for free on my...

I was fortunate to get lipotherme for free on my neck and chin area because a plastic surgeon I know wanted to demo the procedure and see how well it works before he implements it in his practice. The website required me to put in a price of at least $100, and I don't know how much the price would normally be.

It's been three weeks today and both the doctor and I agree that we can see only a very minimal difference, if that. I also work for another plastic surgeon, and he is less than impressed. I'm not disappointed because I didn't pay for it and because I went in with ZERO expectations, but if I had been a "regular" patient I would be very upset (at this point, at least).

The procedure itself was completely painless and took about 30 minutes. I went back to work immediately afterward and never even took so much as a Tylenol. I was swollen and tender (like a bruise) for several days, but nothing I couldn't easily handle. It was a little embarassing to be at work with the compression garment around my head for two days, but I just put a scarf around it and held my head high. I also had a very large nodule develop at one of the incision sites, but it went away with massage.

We took "before" pictures the day before and have taken several "after" pictures since then. Despite the disappointing results so far we still feel optimistic and are hoping we'll see a more noticeable difference at my next visit at four weeks. I will post updates as necessary.

He is a wonderful surgeon. I'm just not sold on the procedure itself.