Liposuction to Chin and Neck Area

I had chin and neck lipo done 19 days ago . I have...

I had chin and neck lipo done 19 days ago . I have always had a double chin, even as a teen. I just thought it was time to finally and hopefully get rid of it at the age of 42.

I have been wearing a compression garment this whole time. My surgeon has asked me to wear it as tightly as i could stand it and I still have swelling in my chin and neck.

Is there such a thing as wearing the Compression Garment for too long, or too tight? I also have some hard bands extending from the chin down the neck, which make it difficult to extend my neck. Is this normal?

very experienced, and thorough. very patient.

Hi who was your doctor ?
I had lipo on chin, jowls, neck 2 days ago; The band seems to be making creases on the side of my mouth worse. IS it just swelling or I am wearing the band wrong; Cant talk to my dr for 2 more days
I have had exactly the same thing happen to me. I had chin lipo 2 weeks ago. However, I only wore the compression garment for 5 1/2 days. I saw my doctor on the 6th day and he said I no longer needed to use the compression garment since my swelling and bruising were minimal. I cannot extend my neck fully when looking up; I also have tight bands on my neck when I try. Actually, it looks like tight bands in a sort of diamond shape w/little bulges within the diamonds. The contour of my chin is better but I am worried about the inability to extend my neck all the way.
I have read that often scar tissue develops along the neck, which is actually credited as an advantage later because this scar tissue may minimize future "turkey neck". I too had neck lipo and have noticed a tightness under my chin which makes it difficult to lift my head all the way up. Not sure if this is "normal".

You may want to check out the doctor answers to:

How long will I have to wear compression garment after Smart Lipo?