Smart Lipo, Not So Smart on Stomach and Inner Thighs

I have had liposuction on my inner thighs and...

I have had liposuction on my inner thighs and stomach, the lumps and bumps are horrifing. I had the initial treatments and then a touch up which have helped not at all. It's been just about six months without change, do you have any suggestions at all?

I had a little body fat, and was a big down due to menopause..so it seemed like a good idea at the time. In the end believe I was not a good candidate for this procedure. Are there any guidelines for those performing these procedures?

And back to...is there anything that can be done to correct the mess?

We had some luck treating post mesotherapy bumps and lumps. Very large ones will require some sort of revision. Smaller lumps could be treated conservatively.Discoloration is the hardest to treat .Best of luck!

Hi Libbee123,

So sorry to hear about your bad experience with Smart Lipo!

Unfortunately, anybody with an active medical license can buy and operate lipo devices with very little training. Doctors are not required to have any plastic surgery or liposuction experience to perform Smart Lipo, or any other liposuction procedure, for that matter.

This is why choosing a surgeon is so important. It might be worth finding a new surgeon to get a second opinion or see about revisional surgery.

I suggest finding a surgeon to help you achieve your body contouring goals who is:

1. Board certified in plastic surgery (American Board of Plastic Surgery)
  2. Has lots of liposuction experience (and photos of their happy patients to prove it!)
  3. Has experience using a variety of liposuction techniques (not just SmartLipo) and can choose the best one for you

Also see: Q&A about liposuction lumps