Problems with Liposuction Recovery

I am a female 28 yrs 5.1 height 58 kgs weight I...

I am a female
28 yrs
5.1 height
58 kgs weight

I did a liposuction my tummy and thighs a week ago. I would not consider myself overweight but my tummy and thighs had buldges which was making it difficult to wear any dresses.. just loose maxi dresses.

After the surgery, I had a bit of vomitting but it was gone after the doctor gave me a medicine.

My tummy really looks good even though I know its still swollen. My thighs look good too but the swelling is not giving me a clear idea yet.

The first 2 days I had some pain. The next 5 days I only had pain while sitting or standing. Only when I lay down completely or stand up straight - there is no pain.

I have stitches and bruises. Looks like a bruises from the pressure garment itself.

I really feel good when I remove it off for bathing but put it back on soon.

1 - I have now a mild swelling on my feet? Is this normal? I think its due to the garment. Any way to reduce it? 2 - The skin looks wrinkled on my tummy.. will this even out? How long will it take? 3 - Although I wanted to remove some fat from the arms as well, my doctor advised not to as it would cause too much stress on my body. Its not so bad actually but will the arms reduce if the fat on the tummy and thighs have reduced? 4 - Although I can see that the tummy and thigh has reduced. My weight remains the same at 58 kg. why?
Thanks Bugjune Since I posted this - I have noticed the differences.... I guess I have to just wait and see now... My swelling on the feet has reduced alot.. Do you know for how long must we wear the pressure garment? I am really quite tired of it.. Its been 3 weeks now and frankly I feel more pain when I wear it.
I'm no doctor, but just had Vaser High Def lipo on my torso a week ago. So I can at least guess at some of the questions you pose: (1 - I have now a mild swelling on my feet? Is this normal? I think its due to the garment. Any way to reduce it?) Yes, it's normal for fluids to flow downward, even to the feet. Swelling is not only due to the trauma of your surgery, but because you are probably not having enough fluids, which will help the swelling go down faster. The garment will keep you from swelling in the treated area, the result being downward flow of fluids to ankles and feet. Try to drink at least 8 full glasses of water (I drop sliced limes in mine) EACH day. (2 - The skin looks wrinkled on my tummy.. will this even out? How long will it take?) My tummy is also wrinkled a bit; partly caused by compression garment, but also the reality of fat being removed from under the surface of your skin, which now has to "shrink" to fit a smaller area. This process will easily take 4-12 months. Sorry, it won't happen overnight. (3 - Although I wanted to remove some fat from the arms as well, my doctor advised not to as it would cause too much stress on my body. Its not so bad actually but will the arms reduce if the fat on the tummy and thighs have reduced?) It's possible that you were at the recommended limit already for fat removal; too much done at once could put your body into a lidocaine toxicity zone, so I'd trust your surgeon here. You will ONLY lose weight on the arms through diet and exercise, as no fat cells were removed here. So you should have a fitness program that fits your schedule and do it for life! (4 - Although I can see that the tummy and thigh has reduced. My weight remains the same at 58 kg. why?) Because you are still swollen (assuming surgery was recently). My weight is also just 1 pound less than pre-op because I am not even a week post, and have swelling in my torso area. The key going forward is to EXERCISE and eat healthy and gradually get your weight down to a stable level forever. The swelling will diminish, and you will lose that fluid weight, but if you eat like you did before and never exercise, you will put weight right back on. Hope that helps!
Dr. Manoj Manwani, Criticare Hospital, Juhu - Mumbai

My surgery was done there itself and not in an office, salon or clinic. I visited some surgeons but felt more safe at the hospital itself. Took a suite to stay overnight and the staff is quite nice as well. His charges included the hospital room and first medication (had to pay for a tube and tablets which cost me $15 later)which is another reason I went with him. All the others asked for the above seperately. Pressure garment cost another $100. Although I stayed in India for only 3 days after the surgery - I recommend staying back for atleast 10 - 15 days. My sister also did her arms and upper body for $1400.